• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

that deal seems to good to be true.

That's what I thought.

I expected he'd come back with the "Sorry, it sold local, no longer available" bit.

So I sent the deposit off as soon as I got home, with a comment about what a great deal it was.

His reply:
Yeah, you're getting a deal for sure. To be honest, I'm pissed that it went for so cheap. I had local offers a lot higher than that... Let me know if you change your mind. :)

I figure if he was going to try to squirm out of it, that was his chance.

We'll see, and I''ll post up!

Robert

<Edit> Now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't wait til the weekend. The ad does say "Full payment required within seven days," and Saturday would be day nine.

I'd hate to give him a reason to back out!

Last edited:
Had this pic of my boy in "his Jeep". Note that he is sporting MWC decals on his front quarters like Daddy's rig in the back ground :D He is giving the"thumb up" in the pic..not picking his nose....I think! :D

DSC01937.jpg

Make a hard copy and pit it in a photo album! You two will get a kick out of that when he's 20 :D

Ron

Had this pic of my boy in "his Jeep". Note that he is sporting MWC decals on his front quarters like Daddy's rig in the back ground :D He is giving the"thumb up" in the pic..not picking his nose....I think! :D

DSC01937.jpg
So you gonna teach him how to tow it to a M&G, park a few blocks away, and drive it in?

haha Michael, smart ass! :D He actually drove it up the ramps (with assistance) to load it on the trailer when we were loading up for the Tri-State Run. When we were traveling through Kansas City we had a guy and gal w/ kids in their Wrangler pass us and gave a :thumbup: to us, my boy thought that was "cool". Not too often you see a truck and trailer loaded to the gills and the trailer has a built rig and a Power Wheels rig on it :D

There's already a thread on this in off-topic, but I'm so damn proud of my score, I wanna brag over here, too!

1990 XJ, rough body, no engine.

Five new 31" BFG ATs -- $750
ARB Bullbar bumper -- $900
Warn M8000 Winch -- $960
Kennessaw tire carrier -- $800
Safari Snorkel kit -- $400
Rusty's flares -- $350

And the kickers:
3.5" Rubicon Express full leaf lift kit w/shocks, new in box -- $1000
Advance Auto 4.0 crate engine, new in the box -- $2000

Better than seven grand total in it, plus whatever I can get parting out the XJ itself.

Purchase price?

$1325
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_rdc=1&item=110423203034

I pick it all up next weekend! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Robert

But did you get the beer bottle with it?

My insomnia was actually beneficial this morning. I went out to the shop and started (again) on my tail light boxes. The are actually going to look decent for my limited fab skills. The new band saw has made this much easier and alot better lines then would have been w/ the cut off wheel and grinder. I am using the ol' cardboard template trick and transfering it to the metal. So far so good. I may try and have the drivers side mostly tied up this evening. I might even get ambitoius enough to take some pics :D

Got back from a great weekend of competition in Jellico with XRRA.
Our crew of drivers got 5th/6th/7th with Dino being 5th, Stan 6th, and Rosco 7th...

For me a rosco we had a bad first run but completed the course, just slower than we should've have so that made us basically looking to lay down fast times for the rest of the day for the series points racing...

Unofficially, we believe to have finished 4th in points, before this race we were 6th...Dino finished 3rd and Stan got 10th...

Overall we are pleased with the season and headed to Colorado springs for the XRRA National Finals on Sept 19th!

Only downside to the trip was the round trip road trip chalked up two trailer tires, an 1.5 visit to a wally world for trailer tires, a goofy acting transmission in my Dodge, and a buyang tire that blew while strapped down in my truck...

mac 'trip home should've been 7 to 8 hours but took over 11' gyvr

<sigh> The timer on the water softener in the house that my g/f & I just bought has locked up tight. The softener is also 16 years old, so I'm not about to sink anything into it.

I'd like to put in a Kinetico softener, but geez, it'd cost me at least triple what I can put in a Whirlpool/Culligan/WaterBoss softener would cost me. Yes, I get that they're dual resin bed and don't take any power, but are they really that much better?

Got back from a great weekend of competition in Jellico with XRRA.
Our crew of drivers got 5th/6th/7th with Dino being 5th, Stan 6th, and Rosco 7th...

For me a rosco we had a bad first run but completed the course, just slower than we should've have so that made us basically looking to lay down fast times for the rest of the day for the series points racing...

Unofficially, we believe to have finished 4th in points, before this race we were 6th...Dino finished 3rd and Stan got 10th...

Overall we are pleased with the season and headed to Colorado springs for the XRRA National Finals on Sept 19th!

Only downside to the trip was the round trip road trip chalked up two trailer tires, an 1.5 visit to a wally world for trailer tires, a goofy acting transmission in my Dodge, and a buyang tire that blew while strapped down in my truck...

mac 'trip home should've been 7 to 8 hours but took over 11' gyvr

621350715_K3dF3-XL.jpg

More: http://www.pirate4x4.com/trailreports/xrra_jellico_finals09/index.php

Are you referring to mine?
He hasn't called in a few weeks.
He is working night shift again. I keep telling him to get on here, but he is doesn't have much free time.
(unless your name is Krystyn.)

Thats good for him...
just thought about him, figured I ask.

BOB

Back