• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

The amount (may have been over your limit) or other recent purchases may have triggered a fraud alert. I would check with your bank to be sure.

Can you tell I work at a bank??

Susie

It was only $200 or so. I have made much, much larger purchases in the past (cars) without any fuss from the bank (good fraud dept huh?) Anyway, I called them and they couldn't find that transaction, so I think that means either I mistyped it when I ordered the axles, or when they punched it in to their CC machine, they mistyped it.

But anyway... due to their service I'm not shopping there again. Dropped the trailer off at a local trailer place and told them to check it over and give me a price. And also that I needed it done ASAP, because if I don't go wheeling next week I'm going to lose it :explosion

The insurance company decided an adjuster needed to come out and personally see the vehicle. After seeing the estimate i faxed him. I'm getting the game face on for tomorrow morning.

Did someone say sheep?
sheep_jeep.jpg

Good Luck Brian.

Great pic, that must be every sheep loving redneck's favorite book to have read too them.

Sorry bout not calling you back. I have been on 16 hour days the past 3 days. Did not get back to the hotel room till 10PM.

No worries Rob.

The guy came and took some pics, commented on how clean it really was. I'm prepping spreadsheets for them now regarding local market value of "high mileage cherokees", turns out they (greater than 190000 miles) are still going for an average of 3375. And a spreadsheet of time and parts regarding upgrades and the cost involved from my shop to swap that stuff over. My shop guy, where I go when I don't feel like wrenching, his shop rate is $70/hr. According to a number we worked out it would cost almost 4000 to swap everything over to a new XJ. I am hoping that that cost and the replacement cost is enticing enough to just have him fix it.

The insurance company decided an adjuster needed to come out and personally see the vehicle. After seeing the estimate i faxed him. I'm getting the game face on for tomorrow morning.

Did someone say sheep?
sheep_jeep.jpg

Mine is autographed............hardback too.

Damnit, wish I could sleep later...there is really nothing fun going on around here at 4:30 in the f'n morning....

Damnit, wish I could sleep later...there is really nothing fun going on around here at 4:30 in the f'n morning....
Lots going on.
See post 13403.
MWC version of counting sheep.

Heres a stupid question

95 XJ with 113k on it runs pretty good may need a lil tlc factory tow hooks, sagging suspension, and the worst rust problem i have seen on an XJ since i first stepped in to a forum
only $500 bucks and is going to replace my brothers POS caddy DD

to buy or not to buy

I say buy he is test driving it now

if it runs and he is just gonna daily drive it, go for it..the way I figure is that he can sell the tow hooks for $50 and only be in it for $450, that equals out to a monthly vehicle cost of $37.50 over a year minus expenses/fuel etc. That is my $.02

I hate RUST. But with that mileage it ain't bad. RUST SUCKS.

Did I mention that rust really sucks. From Rockers to the floor to having every damn bumper bolt break.

But 500 bucks and only 113k hard to pass up on. Get a vehicle history report and make sure someone didn't swap in different guage cluster lol.

Hey Rob, ya want me to paint those sliders pink for Tess? :D I could maybe do that pink urban camo for her?

How handy is he?
we work at a dealership with a bunch of handy people, his saying is its not what ya know its who ya know

I hate RUST. But with that mileage it ain't bad. RUST SUCKS.

Did I mention that rust really sucks. From Rockers to the floor to having every damn bumper bolt break.

But 500 bucks and only 113k hard to pass up on. Get a vehicle history report and make sure someone didn't swap in different guage cluster lol.

your build thread will help on that part, unless he gets the body shop to help him out with new floor boards

if he dont buy it i will have to sell some bone marrow and buy it

my plan would be a bastard lift total junk yard dog and old steel shelfs for the floor

the good thing is this might actually get him in to offroading in stead of showboating his lifted durango

Hey Rob, ya want me to paint those sliders pink for Tess? :D I could maybe do that pink urban camo for her?

How about you send him the paint because those things are gonna be in the back of my Jeep from the Pig gig to my place then from my place to probably louisville! :D

He said after he test drove it, it made a little clunking noise when he would take off from a light kinda like a ball was rolling back kinda near the T-case

what could that be

well damn, I had already had my heart set on sending some bright pink sliders w/ Flex so he had some explaining to do to people along the way :D

Back