• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Well, after some good times with the black 96 cherokee it was time for it to go to the scrapyard. I picked up the replacement a couple of days ago for $375.00. But, after I scraped my 96 and my 88 two door that I jumped I made some money.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Well, here it is:

100_0766.jpg

100_0764-1.jpg

100_0762-1.jpg

100_0763.jpg

Here is some info:

1990 xj 4.0/aw4/231

The interior is great, has 147,000 and runs great, new tuneup, new radiator, new cd player, but no a/c
icon_sad.gif

It has some rocker and door rust but the floors are in good shape. Now to install everything that was on the black jeep.
icon_eek.gif

Finally! Now its just gonna be a thrash to get it done. Do the 2x4 rocker guards.

Going to be cutting out the rest of the rocker and putting in some rock rails. Nothing fancy, I don't have the time.:D

Thats what I meant, cut them out and weld 2x4 in there.

He said after he test drove it, it made a little clunking noise when he would take off from a light kinda like a ball was rolling back kinda near the T-case

what could that be

Could be slop in the t-case chain, slop in the rear axle, driveshaft u-joint, worn out leaf spring/shackle bushings, empty beer bottle under the back seat...

Maybe have him drive it back and forth past you, to narrow it down a little, then get it on a lift and check all that out.

Well, after some good times with the black 96 cherokee it was time for it to go to the scrapyard. I picked up the replacement a couple of days ago for $375.00. But, after I scraped my 96 and my 88 two door that I jumped I made some money.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Well, here it is:

100_0766.jpg

100_0764-1.jpg

Here is some info:

1990 xj 4.0/aw4/231

The interior is great, has 147,000 and runs great, new tuneup, new radiator, new cd player, but no a/c
icon_sad.gif

It has some rocker and door rust but the floors are in good shape. Now to install everything that was on the black jeep.
icon_eek.gif

I wish my 91 sport had those wheels. I like them a lot better. Ive got the honeycomb wheels.
You got a good deal on that though.
What kind of reese receiver is that?

The hitch is a small 1" style with a home fab ball setup. This is all coming off for a better 2" drawtite.

100_0765-2.jpg

That looks safe! :roflmao:

looks like there was the head of a hammer used in there lol.

my brother bought the XJ
carmax gave him 750 for his POS caddy that needed new heads was pissing antifreeze out

the XJ cost 620 after tax and plates so he actualy made out on that deal
as long as the noise isnt something to serious

i may clean out my garage and through him a fix the rust fest, if he buys the beer :D

Well I got done installing my new POOP Coil Isolators today. Took about 4 hours but now I am only sagging a 1/2 inch on the front left instead of a full inch. LOL

Well I decide to go for a test drive since I took the LCA's and track bar down.

Pull out the garage and she is hesitating in reverse. hmmmmmm

GO to pull forward and she is not budging I press the gas a lil harder and hear a POP POP PoP.

Fudge!!!

I guess while trying to align the LCA back up I must have kicked on the brake caliper a lil too hard. I left it parked outside time to relax i will fix the brakes now tomorrow. I had a feeling I shouldn't have kicked on the caliper when lining it all back up but I was getting frustrated.

Realized that I had a bent TRE on the rig after the Tri-State Run. Bought a new replacement end and reamed it out as to specs and have fought that damn thing off and on for 2 days now. First it was getting it reamed out correctly b/c my reamer is getting dull, finally got that done and now the end does not want to thread all the way up into the tierod. They are the same thread, I have even chased the threads on the new end as well as the old end to make sure they were the same and cleaned the threads in the TR as well...it will go all but about 3/4"......I am thinking about cutting @ 1" of the threads of the TRE to get it to go. They are just extra and are not needed for adjustment and should leave plenty for structural integrity of the TRE/TR....I hate it when a hour job drags on for a few days! :flame:

If it wasnt 6:30 on a Sunday morning I probably would be drinking by now.....

HAHA!, for you, nothing my friend! I dont think my pastor would like it if I showed up to church smelling of booze.

WAIT, stop the show!! I just remembered, I dont go to church...I am gonna go to the shop and grab a cold one. Afterall, it is after 7 AM now :cheers: :D

HAHA!, for you, nothing my friend! I dont think my pastor would like it if I showed up to church smelling of booze.

WAIT, stop the show!! I just remembered, I dont go to church...I am gonna go to the shop and grab a cold one. Afterall, it is after 7 AM now :cheers: :D
Tyler, I'm all ready on my second one 7:21AM. Time to get the smokies & BBQ sauce in the crock pot, for the race later.

Gotta be noon someplace..... My coffee isn't adulterated with Bailey's this morning, though (happens a lot on the weekends.)

Picked up a HF 20 ton press last week. Made putting new bearings in the pop-up's axles a whole bunch easier.

Had this pic of my boy in "his Jeep". Note that he is sporting MWC decals on his front quarters like Daddy's rig in the back ground :D He is giving the"thumb up" in the pic..not picking his nose....I think! :D

DSC01937.jpg

There's already a thread on this in off-topic, but I'm so damn proud of my score, I wanna brag over here, too!

1990 XJ, rough body, no engine.

Five new 31" BFG ATs -- $750
ARB Bullbar bumper -- $900
Warn M8000 Winch -- $960
Kennessaw tire carrier -- $800
Safari Snorkel kit -- $400
Rusty's flares -- $350

And the kickers:
3.5" Rubicon Express full leaf lift kit w/shocks, new in box -- $1000
Advance Auto 4.0 crate engine, new in the box -- $2000

Better than seven grand total in it, plus whatever I can get parting out the XJ itself.

Purchase price?

$1325
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_rdc=1&item=110423203034

I pick it all up next weekend! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Robert

Had this pic of my boy in "his Jeep". Note that he is sporting MWC decals on his front quarters like Daddy's rig in the back ground :D He is giving the"thumb up" in the pic..not picking his nose....I think! :D

DSC01937.jpg
Yet another frameworthy pic, Tyler. Are you tired of buying frames yet?

I have this one at work as my screen saver, probably my favorite one along with the tire shot from the M&G

Back