• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Nice slogan, I can always throw down some boogers for ya.

Rev Den said:
Remote from Marquette, MI.

I love my job.

On the downside...ever try to get TV signals surronded by iron hills?

I need a BIG tower....and a greedy tower owner.

Rev

I know what thats like, after spending my share of time up there. You just have to hope to not rely on bunny ears

97XJ2 said:
I know what thats like, after spending my share of time up there. You just have to hope to not rely on bunny ears

Cell phone work great out there too. It was 84 degrees there today! Now thats hot for the U.P. I'm up in the U.P. every weekday.

Global Warming!

Just went to the site to check on some equipment that someone has been messing with at night. There were a bunch of 10-12 year-olds running around playing on the equipment. As soon as I pulled in they scattered into the woods. It's 11:00 on a week night! Where the heck are their parents?! The little bastards have been throwing rocks at one of our excavators, broke all of the windows out of it. I would love to chase them down and catch one of them, but I would be the one who ended up in trouble. Its not like the brats snuck out one night and got into a little bit of trouble, they have been messing with stuff every night. Can't wait until one of them gets hurt, that will be a nightmare.

Ok, done venting.

Prepmech said:
Just went to the site to check on some equipment that someone has been messing with at night. There were a bunch of 10-12 year-olds running around playing on the equipment. As soon as I pulled in they scattered into the woods. It's 11:00 on a week night! Where the heck are their parents?! The little bastards have been throwing rocks at one of our excavators, broke all of the windows out of it. I would love to chase them down and catch one of them, but I would be the one who ended up in trouble. Its not like the brats snuck out one night and got into a little bit of trouble, they have been messing with stuff every night. Can't wait until one of them gets hurt, that will be a nightmare.

Ok, done venting.

Call the po-po?

HaleYes said:
Call the po-po?

Going to talk to them tomorrow, but my contractor has already said that he doesn't want to press charges or turn the damage in to his insurance. We are just about finished at this job, so I am going to have all of the equipment hauled away as soon as possible.

I'm getting sick of this town. Hope to be in Evansville by the end of the month.

Don't like to be the bearer of bad news but, I don't think Eville will be much better. That place is a dirty hole too.

Their parents should be thrown in jail for letting them out that late. There was a 14 year old from our town that was shot and killed a couple of months ago when he was breaking into a house to steel guns and money. His parents let him do what ever he wanted and didn't make him go to school and then blamed what happened on the kids he was hanging out with.

Does any one else that works in mfg think that it is a waist of time to be here on holiday weeks. I am bored to death sitting here doing nothing. A lot of my customers are shut down for the week.

I notice that my employees and co-workers level of production is cut in half for the whole week if there is one holiday involved. I guess it is dependant on worker morale.....at the office I am still putting in effort to get things done over the holiday week, and at the farm I have no other option but to put in 100% b/c if I dont no one else will and then I will be majorly screwed in the long run if I loose my contracts.

One of the manufacturing companies I used to work for would shut down for the week of the 4th. Except for plant maintenance and physical inventory. If you worked either of those, you did *NOT* get anything but the 4th off. Everybody else took the entire week off.

The corporate offices here have been light since Monday, and it's getting lighter. I expect at least half of the people who (sort of) work in this building won't be here tomorrow.

This country didn't start with slackers.

If John Adams could work the week of the 4th, who can't?

Oh, and Laura, I've got 3 bumpers to get out this week. If Alro Steel shuts down I may strangle someone.

jeeplas said:
Alro never shuts down and they are all over the place.
As long as the one three blocks away is open. I'm a pig in mud.

My employeer decided to give us Thursday off....with pay! I smell a fish, just don't know why yet. Makes me nervous.

Roxtar said:
As long as the one three blocks away is open. I'm a pig in mud.

The Alro in Crown Point is closed on the 4th, but open tomorrow. I am so bored that I called them. :)

Spent today transmitter hunting in area....

150 miles on all forest roads, ranging from gravel to sand two track. I also found out after a wrong turn that a Ford Ranger will fit on an ATV trail.

Rev

Back