• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

It's a 92 Laredo with power everything and leather. Has no engine in it but it came with one that was knocking. So I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the engine.

Installed the budget boost on the DD today.

5b85b45841ccca7e2b0bc3606297d666.jpg

Is there a way to make a steering gear less responsive, I did one ton steering on the LJ and it has 0 slop, so now every little move on the steering wheel feels waaaaay to fast?

Just bang it into the guard rail a few timeseconds at 70mph...worked on my old Toyota.

You can loosen the lash on the gear. There is a nut and set screw in the top of it. I'd mark a line on all of it loosen the nut and give the center screw 1/4 turn. Then tighten the nut. Usually a 13 or 15 mm jam nut.

That could be an alignment issue. Too little caster can cause that also.

You can loosen the lash on the gear. There is a nut and set screw in the top of it. I'd mark a line on all of it loosen the nut and give the center screw 1/4 turn. Then tighten the nut. Usually a 13 or 15 mm jam nut.

That could be an alignment issue. Too little caster can cause that also.

I have adjusted the castor twice now, once I added a bunch.....no luck. It doesn't help that the front sway bar is off right now because the mounts had to be cut off the axle to make way for the steering......This will be fixed soon, hopefully before I guard rail it.

swaybar didn't effect my steering ever. I DD'd the MJ with no sway for like 2 years.

I'm sure tat the rear end was quite a bit stiffer than yours though.

I have adjusted the castor twice now, once I added a bunch.....no luck. It doesn't help that the front sway bar is off right now because the mounts had to be cut off the axle to make way for the steering......This will be fixed soon, hopefully before I guard rail it.

put a sway bar on it and see how it handles.

makes a difference on something that's coils all the way around.

mac 'put my top back on last night...now it's 80 degrees today' gyvr

I saw a lady totally unleash on another at the store today. The other lady was disgusting white trash with screaming kids and they were throwing shit on the floor. It was video worthy, wish I'd of got it on my phone.

Rented a roller skate to go see SeanR this weekend. Put $35 in gas in it for 628 miles round trip...doesn't mean I want to buy one tho.

mac 'Laura's Fusion is nice tho' gyvr

That's the plan.....and my top is off.

Mine hasn't been driven in a month...

mac 'up to 700 miles on it since winterfest' gyvr

So my kitchen renovation is going as planned. When I say that I mean everything is going wrong as I assumed it would.
I didn't plan on the thin set taking 24hrs and the grout taking 24hrs. That made the floors take several days. I didn't plan on the wife scheduling dentist appointments right in the middle of my week off taking me out for a whole day and then her out for the whole next day. Somewhere along the line either my wife or the menards dude screwed up the measurements I gave them. 59in from the wall to the outside edge of the window, they did 59in from the wall to the center of the window. This screwed up all my cabinets. Now I have to reorder a bunch. And finally apparently I didn't lay the tile correctly because the grout is cracking and coming up and the tiles are moving.

:hang:

Anyone messed with TJ door handles on hard doors? The door isn't opening from the outside, only the inside.

I can google it, and will, just wondered if anyone had first hand experience.

mac 'a new adventure' gyvr

Back