• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

So I got into my car and the combination of leather seats and 40° weather made me want a remote start. Ive heard 50/50 between installing it myself and paying for it. I used to have an autopage in my Saturn cost about $200 installed if i recall. How much is a fair cost for install? Or do any of you close by install these? I have cash and can bring pizza/beer

If I ever get a vehicle that won't fit into my garage (anything longer then 195"), it will have remote start. Still hoping to eventually be financially stable enough to afford a brand new Toyota Highlander in the next few years and that does fit in my garage.

So I got into my car and the combination of leather seats and 40° weather made me want a remote start. Ive heard 50/50 between installing it myself and paying for it. I used to have an autopage in my Saturn cost about $200 installed if i recall. How much is a fair cost for install? Or do any of you close by install these? I have cash and can bring pizza/beer

Put the aftermarket butt warmers in there, about $60/pair on Amazon, easy install.

Put the aftermarket butt warmers in there, about $60/pair on Amazon, easy install.
That's #2 on my list. Only problem is my driver's seat is a WJ and passenger ZJ. I want matching seats before I do that. Remote start is on the list because I see myself in a condo for the foreseeable future and far from the XJ

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

You'll be way more happy with seat warmers than you will remote start. It takes way too long to generate heat at idle in a cold winter start. My seat warmers are hot in 60 seconds.

Red 'and the heated steering wheel' heep

seat heaters negate the need for remote start, and are much less likely to dick your harness.

Don't you watch top gear?
never buy a car with aftermarket alarm/remote start.

I had a great remote start guy, he worked for a place that installed them m-f and then he did them on the side after hours, he installed a few for me over the years as gifts on my dad's Jeeps since his stuff is parked outside. Unfortunately he's unable to do that anymore. Unless you are munchie 12 volt smart...I'd let a professional install it.

mac 'my wife is my remote start' gyvr

That is an interesting point. In that case, I may just get both back and butt warmers in the ZJ seats. Also will have to troubleshoot my rear defroster that never worked

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

The people in the hotel room next to me played a full court basketball game and from the sounds of it he ended with a 3 point shot.

Buddy had an XJ with an interloc that was a pure nightmare, took one look under the dash and told him he was F,cked, bowl full of skety fcked. Like Chezs hotel neighbors.

It was shy of a yodeling convention I tell ya! Funny thing is they had the "do not disturb" sign on their door this morning.....never mind my disturbance last night. I banged on the door as I walked by this morning to check out :D

It was shy of a yodeling convention I tell ya! Funny thing is they had the "do not disturb" sign on their door this morning.....never mind my disturbance last night. I banged on my :spam: as they were going at it last night :D

fixed

It was shy of a yodeling convention I tell ya! Funny thing is they had the "do not disturb" sign on their door this morning.....never mind my disturbance last night. I banged on the door as I walked by this morning to check out :D

I have done that before when working out of town, people's kids and even adults running up and down the halls yelling at 8:00, 9:00. or 10:00 PM, I try to find out which room they are in and I knock on the door at 11:30 PM and say, "I am going in to work now, I will be back at 4:00 AM, I will let you know when I return." I always forget to let them know I am back.

Back