• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Huh i thought i read the tb issues was till 04. Anyways it had other issues i wasnt wanting to deal with plus it wasnt AWD so nit fun in the winter. Been looking at a few 06-10 v70s but also looking at subis. I dont need ether one but they are fun
Anything 04+ should be on the table. In 05 they got all new electronics and hi speed can bus everywhere. If you go 05+ check the cem connector for water damage. There's a tsb and updated seal to keep water out from the cowl area. Motors are generally solid. Make sure you glove test the pcv system. Turbo is a mitsu unit that's dirt cheap to rebuild. Basically the same as a subi unit. Td03 iirc.
Electronics are the down fall. Check xemodex website for the cem troubleshooting. That's the big one that fails because of heat. I heat sinked ours. Xemodex had cracked the software, they're the only place to get modules and not pay absurd Volvo pricing.

Anyone on here have any personal experience with these cheap $100 double din 7" touch screen cd/dvd players for vehicles? They are littering up eBay and was toying with trying one out in the Tahoe.

That ackward moment when you are doing an oil change and open up the filter realizing you were spending too much time gabbing with the counter guy and picked up one for a Jeep, needing one for the commuter car.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

de2a4d793043a003902a4e8d1e45a91b.jpg

Ended up being a head gasket issue.

Anyone on here have any personal experience with these cheap $100 double din 7" touch screen cd/dvd players for vehicles? They are littering up eBay and was toying with trying one out in the Tahoe.

We have gotten a few in and most work ok, probably better then the ones with fold outs. They never seam to work worth a crap. Id try it, spent more than $100 on a bad date that had bad outputs.

I was just thinking I have not had any good dipshit worker stories for you all lately.....then one walks into the building. He "hurt" his shoulders about 1.5 months ago. Sent him to dr and they put him on a no use restriction for one arm and 50% on other.

He cuts grass on the side. Well I decide not to let him work since I don't want to aggravate any injury he does have, and while I am at it I go ahead and let the insurance know about his extra curricular activities.

The hire a PI and follow him for a couple days, 2 days after he gets put on no use he is out mowing and weed eating a 4 acre lot......

Claim denied, get your ass back to work they say, this was just told to him because of all the i's and t's......BTW pay back your short term.

Sorry I won't make this Saturday, but.... Packer game and dad's birthday kinda wins that one.

I have a workman's comp story for you all.
If we make Redbird, it will be a camp fire story.
Or this Saturday night....

"That sumbitch went up like a SCUD missile"

Don't let me forget the bed story...

mac 'remind me to remind you' gyvr

Also finally started giving the xj some attention again tonight. Started welding the rear fenders, three years after I folded them. Kinda makes for a pain in the a$$.

Thanks Wisconsin and your road salt.

its a cheap tablet in a double din frame.

I've been happy with the jensen for what it costs.

But your GF will miss you, and with you not there we will not have enough Brians.
I'm sure she will, but at least you won't have to get a permit.

A friend bought one off eBay, didn't work when he installed it. Got a replacement, some options it was supposed to have didn't function. It was also really slow.

I've got an Alpine IVA W200 double din, dvd,Sirius, nav, etc in my truck. 10 years old, been in and out of 4 diffrent vehicles, I got it used, and it still works great. Definitely more expensive new(seen some used on eBay for $150) but well worth the money IMO.

Back