• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

but a piss test isn't accurate enough to determine if he was intoxicated while operating the forklift, or if he smoked a joint a month ago at a concert.
That is the whole problem. If I smoke a doob while on vacation in Co. and three weeks later my ahole boss drug tests me, they can not tell the time frame.

That's the prob I have w it too....need a better test. And if your job depends on you not doing it don't.

but a piss test isn't accurate enough to determine if he was intoxicated while operating the forklift, or if he smoked a joint a month ago at a concert.

If the employment contract specifies no illegal drug use, it doesn't matter when it happened. A company can make a reasonable assumption that if you're going to do it when you're not at work, you're probably going to do it or be under the influence when you are at work.

That all depends on what you sign when you get hired.

its going to become more and more tricky as more states move to decriminalize it...

technically its still illegal federally though right? so an employer could claim you were in violation of federal law?

i honestly don't know...just curious

SLR Property Solutions does not drug test. It is none of these business what their employees do on there own time.

You hiring?

Ya know in like 8.5 years...

mac 'just no alcohol test tonight...mmmk' gyvr

That is not true. Who among us goes out and drinks but never goes to work drunk? FYI the movie Refer madness was a hoax

What's not true?

If the company that hires you drug tests you, you're an idiot for doing it.

There are plenty of people in the world who would gladly take the job you just lost. The company has all the cards at that point.

I don't see the point in it and I'm biased due to the 20 years of random urinalysis.

Our Denver plant doesn't allow it. Not sure how they are able to get away w it.

State legal but still not federal, also its not allowed in a lot of places just like tobacco use, many companies do not allow you to use. You know kind of common sense.

Never understood the risk. If people want to do it fine but I'm not a supporter for recreational use and legalization only for medica use.

Edit:: what Red said 110%

What's not true?

RedHeep said:
A company can make a reasonable assumption that if you're going to do it when you're not at work, you're probably going to do it or be under the influence when you are at work.
This statement. I was subject to randoms for 20 years. I always thought it was stupid because the people in charge would go out and drink every night sometimes they would be so hung over in the morning that they couldn't function. I chose not to partake so I could keep my job.

Just stick to the black tar heroin n hookers fellas...but there's nothing better than some top shelf blow n a thick butted ho for a stress reliever.

This thread has gotten so serious.:D

One of the fork lift drivers on the floor was bitching about being down a driver now, so I asked him how everyone else felt when he was on vacation last week.....then I said, suck it up Buttercup.

He didn't think it was as funny as I did.

OSHA is federally regulated, I would imagine if there are fork trucks in the building OSHA is the rule. Federal law says marijuana use is illegal, OSHA agrees. If that dude ran somebody over with his fork truck and killed him or drop the load on them while testing positive for marijuana, the company would suffer

Last edited:
Then I would have to go get tested, Ain't nobody got time for that.

have said bad attitude office lady do it then, just stab someone with a forklift for God's sake. May as well get 2 people with the forks and make it worth the paperwork.

starter solenoids...there is no reason a solenoid from a car wouldn't work on a lawn mower correct? my mower solenoid clicks audibly but doesn't crank unless you jump the terminals on the solenoid...advance has some that are pretty reasonable and the stock one is outrageously priced...no reason i couldn't make it work right?

starter solenoids...there is no reason a solenoid from a car wouldn't work on a lawn mower correct? my mower solenoid clicks audibly but doesn't crank unless you jump the terminals on the solenoid...advance has some that are pretty reasonable and the stock one is outrageously priced...no reason i couldn't make it work right?
The last rider I had used a Ford selenoid.

should work, they make light duty ones and hd ones. the light duty should be fine for your mower. the hydro pump in my bale bed is an electric over hydro unit and it runs off a HD starter motor to the hydro pump, it has to have the HD unit or it just burns up the light duty ones..until this truck, I did not even know there was a difference.

Back