• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Drinking a cold beer with my one eyed dog n thinking about firing up the grill.....n slowly going off the grid.

You get yours back together yet?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Dropped the heads off today at the machine shop.

Planning to put it together next week if the heads are ok...if not it might get a bullet.

Replacing the springs on the RV jacks and some other odds and ends on it before we go to DTOR this weekend.

mac 'staycation til Friday' gyvr

My 6.0/nv4500 would be a perfect swap for that J-truck

Mmmmmmmmmmm

That's a good swap for a lot of things.

What pos cheap trucks should I be watching for on clist?

mac 'love an ls' gyvr

99 up 1500s will be 5.3s, 1500HD & 2500s will be 6.0. NV4500s will be harder to find, 90% are automatics. Some 1500s with the VortecMax are 6.0 IIRC. Escalades and Escalade EXTs are 6.0, all Yukon Denalis are 6.0.

00-02? 6.0s are iron, 03+ are aluminum. Not sure on 5.3s.

You have to watch out for the occasional 4.8L too.

If I ever pick up a cj to restore its getting a 5.3. I regularly find them in Western ny with low miles and a computer /harness for less than $400...one of the perks of the rust belt

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

99 up 1500s will be 5.3s, 1500HD & 2500s will be 6.0. NV4500s will be harder to find, 90% are automatics. Some 1500s with the VortecMax are 6.0 IIRC. Escalades and Escalade EXTs are 6.0, all Yukon Denalis are 6.0.

00-02? 6.0s are iron, 03+ are aluminum. Not sure on 5.3s.

You have to watch out for the occasional 4.8L too.

Cl search saved

I hope I'm not under dressed for my interview...my rule is always dress a step or two above the dress code for the position. Since I would assume the job requires a polo and khaki's I brought a shirt and tie because I didn't want to carry a suit on a plane and its going to be hot today...I guess I'm just nervous. Its a weird feeling, usually I feel pretty confident in interviews, but this would be such a step above any job I've ever worked, the stakes are a little higher than usual. T minus 2 hours till go time...

Mmmmmmmmmmm

That's a good swap for a lot of things.

What pos cheap trucks should I be watching for on clist?

mac 'love an ls' gyvr

Just come buy the truck I picked up ;)

2rpfq5i.jpg

Back