• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Our idiotic safety system wants people to report shit like that. Then do a investigation into it, file a piss ton of paperwork, only to have them ignore it.

I'm pretty sure if my team lead would've saw that drop of blood I would've had to file this. I like our safety bonus, so I saw the drop of blood and quickly washe'd it and rolled my sleeve down. After taking a pic for funsies.

We have these things called cutter heads which is basically a wheel with about 6 razor blades. They get dull and have to be changed out by the operators. Well this idiot temp couldn't get one of the blades off and instead of asking for help from someone that may know what they're doing, he uses another blade to try and remove it.
Well he slipped, and cut his hand. Because of this, we now have to ware gloves at all time on the plant floor.

We called them slitters when I worked in offset at 18 for a year. They cut the web down to the sigs after the folders before heading out to the packers. Think I still have some in my dads old tool box, he was the 'guy' in the plant for 20 of his 38yrs at R&R, forced retirement when they closed the plant in 1998 I think. He still has a nasty scar on his forearm from one.

Got the jeep back tonight, and here is the damage report:

Bumper has a large dent
Hatch is hit hard on the handle, which is now inop.
Brake light is on, and has no rear brakes. Must have popped a wheel cylinder or a line.

Going to get a couple estimates on Monday and we'll go from there. I'd rather leave the insurance co's out(I bet she has safe auto, the general, etc anyway) but this needs to be made whole in any case.

I will get ya'll some pics tomorrow.

No call or returned texts...seems like a scam maybe? I'm headed that way tomorrow to look at a wj and go to cabelas and if he calls I'm going to go look at it. I have my doubts though....

We called them slitters when I worked in offset at 18 for a year. They cut the web down to the sigs after the folders before heading out to the packers. Think I still have some in my dads old tool box, he was the 'guy' in the plant for 20 of his 38yrs at R&R, forced retirement when they closed the plant in 1998 I think. He still has a nasty scar on his forearm from one.

Yea we have the slitters but that's not what I'm talking about. This is for our repel (recycled pellets) line. Takes old stuff melts it and send it out in strings. Then this cutter head with 6 razor blades cuts it back into pellets.

Good morning gang.

With it being officially less than 1 month until WF, I'm going to post whore the shit out of this place in memory of Flex.

Oh, and use a bunch of these :D :D :D :D :D

Cheese "I miss that dude" Man

I got a couple of those sam's club 4' led shop lights. Now I need to build a ceiling in the garage to keep as much of the heat in as possible and figure out how to get these plugged in. Looks like a complete rewire for the garage.

I got a couple of those sam's club 4' led shop lights. Now I need to build a ceiling in the garage to keep as much of the heat in as possible and figure out how to get these plugged in. Looks like a complete rewire for the garage.

Cool, have fun :D :D :D

Back