• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Construction delays on 65 if you end up going that route.

where on 65? thats our route...

in other news, we got bad storms rolling through right now. putting a damper on packing. trees down and front end loaders rolling through the neighborhood. got another wave coming.

Look like this?

azu4aman.jpg

Headed my way.

Well I guess it's time to start looking at the map to plan our drive to Harlan. Any of you northern Indiana people got a good route to recommend? It's been 4 or 5 years since I've been down there and can't remember what roads to avoid

Here's how I'd do it:
Take 15 south to marion
Then get on 18 East(follow the signs)
Get on I69 South
Pick up IN 9 South in Pendleton
9 South will split shortly after leaving pendleton, stay on 9
Take 9 to I-74 E
I-74 E to I275 S
I275S to I-75 South
I-75 to US 25(corbin, KY)
Then get on KY 119, take that all the way to the campground

469 is a mess on the north side of Indy...

Or...

Take IN 13 south to 38 E
Then get on IN 9 in Pendleton
Then 9 to I 74

The first way is a little quicker, but either of those ways will get you there.

Man it takes a lot of shit to go camping for 4 days. Jeep is loaded with all the trail stuff. All the other stuff is piled up ready to go in truck and camper

Sarah and I went camping last fall for two nights, the back of her little SUV (Nissan Roque) was filled so much, the rear view mirror was pointless. That is why every time we went somewhere this year that we could have camped, we stayed in hotels (plus the whole didn't need two rooms now since we are married {our choice to do that}). Plus, hotel mattresses are better then sleeping on the ground or even on air mattresses.

Re: Re: Important

Here's how I'd do it:
Take 15 south to marion
Then get on 18 East(follow the signs)
Get on I69 South
Pick up IN 9 South in Pendleton
9 South will split shortly after leaving pendleton, stay on 9
Take 9 to I-74 E
I-74 E to I275 S
I275S to I-75 South
I-75 to US 25(corbin, KY)
Then get on KY 119, take that all the way to the campground

469 is a mess on the north side of Indy...

Or...

Take IN 13 south to 38 E
Then get on IN 9 in Pendleton
Then 9 to I 74

The first way is a little quicker, but either of those ways will get you there.
I was thinking of just picking up 9 in Columbia city and taking that on down a ways. Thanks for the recommendation on the other roads.

We already got smacked with that storm that is heading for Wade and Co. It was pretty wild cruising along the road in the Expedition getting blown around a bit.

where on 65? thats our route...

in other news, we got bad storms rolling through right now. putting a damper on packing. trees down and front end loaders rolling through the neighborhood. got another wave coming.

Indy is a mess but no real delays there, south of me near Seymour there has been construction......then there's Louisville....

Back