• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Black and round?

mac 'likes the ones that say bfg on the side' gyvr

Replaced the intake manifold on a 4.6L Grand Marq last night.

Today its a '98 Ram1500 that I'm tearing the front end apart on to do ball-joints, ujoints, axle seals, CAD seal, and d.f. unit bearing... Really looking forward to getting this last truck out of the shop.

The ones Nate just bought are pretty nice.

been happy with the Falkens. Discount tire, $121 a pop. Rocky Mountain AT, same as the Wildpeak AT. Smell like cow poop is the only negative comment I have, and they love to hold rocks until you hit 50 MPH.

If I hadn't needed them to drive the Jeep back I would have put the Hankook ATMs on this one too. Slightly more expensive, but way more tread siping. Damned near magical in the snow. They were looking about 700 for the set out the door at my local tire place. Seriously the best tire I've ever had on ANY vehicle, ever.

doesn't nate have 16" wheels? i may eventually go up to 16's if i can find a set of Moabs, but i REALLY want a set of ravines

MJ is on 30x9.5s, got to go back to the turbine wheels ;) 01 is on Moabs with 245s, but the hankooks are available in a 30.

Crazy thing is that the "Standard load" P rated 245s are rated for 200lbs more weight per tire than the "load range C" 15's I put on the MJ. So if you want all out weight, step up to a 16.

I don't plan on ever exceeding the 1800 lbs that the c rated falkens are, but if it's a concern, get 16's.

Last edited:
I need a nerdy kenstein answer.

D44 wheel studs. 5 on 5.5 conversion with F150 hubs. Parts store lists 3 different sizes, in 3 different lengths. .618, .619, .625 OD, 1 13/16, 2, 2 3/16" length. Anybody know what normal or standard is?

I could take one out, blah blah blah, but I'm in a time crunch and having 5 new ones with me when I start is way easier.

I need a nerdy kenstein answer.

D44 wheel studs. 5 on 5.5 conversion with F150 hubs. Parts store lists 3 different sizes, in 3 different lengths. .618, .619, .625 OD, 1 13/16, 2, 2 3/16" length. Anybody know what normal or standard is?

I could take one out, blah blah blah, but I'm in a time crunch and having 5 new ones with me when I start is way easier.

I figured it out. Different styles for front and rear because of disks and shoes and 4wd/Rwd.

red 'read english' heep

for the 2nd time ever I listed my xj for sale...i keep staring at it in the driveway and i debate on whether its worth it to sell it and start with a cleaner body, but at the same time it would kill me to get rid of it. if someone gives me the inflated price i listed it under, i have the parts to build the same thing right away. i know it won't sell, but i figured what the heck. the accident still has me a little shaken. i'm not scared to drive it, but i cant help but think how many other things might be wrong under the surface. i've driven the thing all over gods green earth and back, so i wouldn't sell it for less than i'm asking...i am just doing it to see if someone is finally telling me to move on. if someone comes after it, then i guess it might be the answer im looking for...

i spoke with a few people about buying parts off of it, but since i haven't collected anything yet, i'm going to give it a few days and see what happens. there is about a 1% chance that anyone will actually buy it, so i don't think you guys have anything to worry about :)

Does anyone know what the orange, brown, and blue(no stripes) wires in back of the radio do?

im fixing up the harness for an aftermarket radio and those are left overs after color matching.

Yellow12V Constant / Memory

Red Switch / Accessory

BlackGround
BlueAntenna Remote

Blue with White StripeAmplifier Remote Turn-on

Orange with White StripeDash Light Dimmer/Illumination

GreenLeft Rear Speaker (+)

Green with Black StripeLeft Rear Speaker (-)

WhiteLeft Front Speaker (+)

White with Black StripeLeft Front Speaker (-)

PurpleRight Rear Speaker (+)

Purple with Black StripeRight Rear Speaker (-)

GrayRight Front Speaker (+)

Gray with Black StripeRight Front Speaker (-)

Yellow12V Constant / Memory

Red Switch / Accessory

BlackGround
BlueAntenna Remote

Blue with White StripeAmplifier Remote Turn-on

Orange with White StripeDash Light Dimmer/Illumination

GreenLeft Rear Speaker (+)

Green with Black StripeLeft Rear Speaker (-)

WhiteLeft Front Speaker (+)

White with Black StripeLeft Front Speaker (-)

PurpleRight Rear Speaker (+)

Purple with Black StripeRight Rear Speaker (-)

GrayRight Front Speaker (+)

Gray with Black StripeRight Front Speaker (-)

so since you are telling me the same information i am finding, and nothing about the blue, brown, and orange without strips, i am going to assume those mean nothing and i should just cap them off.

thanks.

SAM'never wired a radio before'SET

are these wires that are leftover in the radio harness that have no mate in the factory harness, or wires in the factory harness that have no mate to the radio harness?

If they're wires in the radio harness just de pin them and remove them. That's what i did. It was the amp/antenna wire, and another wire that I forget that I just popped the pins out of on the radio harness.

The Ftwofiddy is for sale.
Most of you have seen it. 148000 miles. New tires in the rear just rebuilt the front axle, $800.00 in parts. Two new batteries, new starter, new $50.00 after market air filter. New digital transmission input sensor or what ever the hell they call the neutral safety switch. New multipurpose lever (turn signal switch) last fall.
Has fifth wheel rails on the bed.

I figured it out. Different styles for front and rear because of disks and shoes and 4wd/Rwd.

red 'read english' heep

I went through that putting discs on the rear. Ended up just making my own because I couldn't find a thing that would work.

Still need to steal that dorman book the parts store has...

I need to get longer wheel studs for Jennies cause moabs.

regarding the race car, I pulled the front shaft tonight. Totally wasted. My wife can destroy things. I think the centering ball shaft might be busted. I'm gonna rob one at the pick n pull so I have parts to rebuild.

Anyone have any links to 4 link suspension theory? Really in depth stuff. Or possibly a book you could recommend?

Does anyone know what the orange, brown, and blue(no stripes) wires in back of the radio do?

im fixing up the harness for an aftermarket radio and those are left overs after color matching.
orange is the dash lights. Have no clue on the other two. They are not listed in the FSM for my 99.

Back