• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

That would have been hell for me. I dont like flying. Let alone flying to random places to possibly get me home.

A friend is thinking about selling his 08 JKU on 35's. Already has rock sliders and custom bumpers. Might mean another payment, but it is off road ready and it is a soft top. Tempting, plus he is only asking pay off which is what private party price is. Now to think about it. It would mean selling my XJ, but I am fine with that because it would be a dual purpose (off road and fun in the sun) Jeep.

Last edited:
fixed the lawn mower, mowed the lawn, burned some brush, bought some outdoor tools and started turning over the grass where i want to put our garden in. with any luck ill have a planted garden by mid week next week. growing season is a little later, so i'm still on schedule. once the baby goes to sleep, i'm going to keep working on the bedroom remodel...

needless to say, today was a much better day than last thursday

A friend is thinking about selling his 08 JKU on 35's. Already has rock sliders and custom bumpers. Might mean another payment, but it is off road ready and it is a soft top. Tempting, plus he is only asking pay off which is what private party price is. Now to think about it. It would mean selling my XJ, but I am fine with that because it would be a dual purpose (off road and fun in the sun) Jeep.

i would never wheel something with a payment...they are nice, but for someone who makes a fuss about spending the entry fee at winterfest, i'm not sure what you're current financial situation is.

they are nice, but i probably still wouldn't buy one if i had the money

Financially, I would have to see what payments would be. I would only want to have payments for two-three years at most. This has been wheeled already, so it wouldn't be that big of deal. I have actually wheeled it because the owner didn't want to drive for a while. Even Sarah did some wheeling in it (and liked it). Whatever I do, I will have a 4wd vehicle in the stable for winter time because the Accord sucks in deeper snow.

Financially, I would have to see what payments would be. I would only want to have payments for two-three years at most. This has been wheeled already, so it wouldn't be that big of deal. I have actually wheeled it because the owner didn't want to drive for a while. Even Sarah did some wheeling in it (and liked it). Whatever I do, I will have a 4wd vehicle in the stable for winter time because the Accord sucks in deeper snow.

Giving you advice is sometimes like trying to talk to a tree but here goes. You just got married, you don't need the car payment that you can't afford.

More bills than money!!!

That's the american dream!

I say buy it TH!! You don't wheel hard enough to break it anyway. Plus you couldn't afford to wheel before, now you definitely won't be able to pay for WF registration!

Yeah, one way or another I was going to have a lift Jeep with bigger then stock tires on it by the end of the year. My financial situation now>my financial situation before I got married (without going into details, we are living in a nice house that we are buying while living very comfortably and affording luxuries ). I did have more money in savings (before we borrowed some to a family member but still have money in savings and will be rebuilding it back up). This all comes down to car payment. Do I want one. I was buying and IRO lift kid and 31's by years end and attending WF next year (and paying early, though probably won't be camping, especially after staying in many hotels this year on vacations).

Last edited:
this again

A lift kit and tires would be cheaper then a years worth of JK payments...

Re: Re: Important

Squirrel!

In my office. Lol.

upe9yhyn.jpg

this again

A lift kit and tires would be cheaper then a years worth of JK payments...

Yep, I got a month before a final decision is made. While it would be nice, leaning back towards not pursuing it (no car payment is strong). If I needed a dependable driver, it would be different. Chances are, I won't have my lift and have it installed by September's Hoosier Outdoor Experience, but hopefully by Toys 4 Tots at Badlands. Family comes first, so my lift fund was depleted a bit. My only thing was putting 2-3k into a vehicle worth half that versus getting one a friend built at its value as a stocker (granted it was being sold at 13k). Going to get it from the friends parents place in Kentucky for him after I get back from a ten day vacation in June so he can wheel it July 4th weekend at Badlands. Eventually I will more then likely get a Wrangler, but I really would like a TJ (more so a Rubi) with the 4.0 versus the 3.8.

Cliffs notes of the last few TH posts:

You guys are telling me not to do this, but I will. I'll talk about wheeling it but I won't. Blah Blah Blah.

Make sure you join JKforum, they love to talk about not wheeling JKs.

this post brought to you by Ronrico & Diet Mt Dew.

was browsing looking for fenders and a front header panel for my xj since they are boogered up from the accident and i found this:

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/4480986167.html

i'm pretty sure if i buy another jeep, i should probably set up a tent in the back yard for a while :)

i need a hatch too, so i am really considering it. buy it...drive it home...pull the hatch and front clip, drive it to the scrap yard. i already have a parts wj sitting in the garage. if i can get it stripped this week and to the scrap yard and this jeep is still on there (doubtful at that price) then i will drive it home. i could even use the doors for the MJ

Why do you guys even bother replying?

Craig... hmmm. No title.

I wish I wasn't in the opposite direction because I would definitely not object to you parking that in my yard and parting it out :gee: it wouldn't be the first nor would it be the last time a friend's XJ has come to my yard to die.

That was wheeling with a payment in 2001.

Insurance company dropped me.

mac '13 years later, wheeling with a payment again' gyvr

Back