• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Anyone got any time frame ideas on any of the other 2014 wheeling runs besides Winterfest? Looking to pencil in my vacation for the year, and figured that sounded like the game plan for the year...

Hope you like buying injectors and tie rods. :flipoff:

Actually my friends 04 was an awesome truck.

TRE's are just an annual expense around here. This is the newer model so it is not the LB7 injector eating model. I know guys that have 300K on their LLY's and never replaced injectors....it is a crap shoot. My luck it will nuke on the way home.

Anyone need a hella towrig??? The Dodge is available.

Cheese "New Chevy 3500 on its way" Man

I hate my dodge seats but it won't die. I do want a diesel though. More details please.

2004.5 Dodge 3500, 208K, tranny rebuilt @ 20K ago with a billet TC and carbon clutches, front end gone through with new busings and TRE's where needed, new Timkin wheel bearings, 19.5's w/ newer virgin tread up front and 4 new rough tread recaps on back with 75% or more tread, Bradford Built skirted flatbed, FabFour front bumper/grill guard combo, K&N intake, full exhaust w/ mild straight muffler under body (good low tone, but not annoying) no tuner on it since me or the previous owner (a close friend of mine). 3 owners, out of Arkansas, no rust except around the doors on the flat bed due to shitty powdercoating on them, all power options. Will sell with the 19.5's on it, and they have a slight vibe due to the recaps I am told. I have a set of factory rims w/ new Yokohoma tires that I can trade out for the same price (they are a lot better road tire and quiet in comparison to the 19.5's). It is a good, soild truck, I just want a GM. Was offered $16,800 on trade, so wanting to stay around that figure.

IMG_20130318_113333_zps5ff4e5b6.jpg

Motor swap starts tomorrow. I don't even know if the spare motor runs...
Spare motor needs glowplugs but I'm afraid to touch them, don't want to break one.
Getting rid of stock glowplug system. Thinking of delco 60g plugs.

Need to find some firewood too...

89"will need A LOT of beer after this"Laredo

Does it have a 5th wheel hitch? 4x4? Average MPG?

It has a gooseneck ball under a trap door in the bed, it is 4x4. It gets 20+mpg unloaded if kept under 70mph, I get an avg of 22-23 when I go to Des Moines. We pulled a 32' bumper pull camper last summer for a 1200 mile trip and it varied from 60-75 mph and we got right around 16mpg. It is hard to see in the pic but there is a "B" with a circle around it on the back doors. It needs a good wet sanding or buffing to get rid of that if someone was bothered by it...the vibe from the rear ties is annoying, I was considereing trading the 19.5's back to the factory rims w/ the new tires due to this. One tire shop said it was due to the recaps, another shop said they thought maybe an inner steel dually rim had been minorly bent when the new tires were installed...it is a lot of finger pointing with no definate answer. I even had new U-joints installed just to take that issue out of the equation. Has a fresh oil change and new rear brakes too. I can get you pics of anything on it if you would like. Nothing fancy, but not a bad rig at all. It has been too cold to wash anything lately, so it looks pretty nasty right now.

I've never seen a cummins at the fuel pump. Just at the transmission shop.

That because they don't make it far enough!!!!

The longest road trip my buddies cummins took in the 2 years he's owned it was across the state on the trailer behind my powerstroke to get the trans rebuilt:firedevil

and you probably know that 2004.5 was the split year they put the HO Cummins in.....

That because they don't make it far enough!!!!

The longest road trip my buddies cummins took in the 2 years he's owned it was across the state on the trailer behind my powerstroke to get the trans rebuilt:firedevil

What kinda mpg does your PS get?

12-14? I never got mpg out of any of our PSD's.....still have 2 in the fleet and they get suckbutt mpg.

Back