• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Well that stinks. I'm of no help then. Personally I would rather move brush this time of year. More clothes equals less thorns and fewer cuts from sticks and barbed wire. I used to clear fence rows and install barbed wire fence for a summer job in hs and college. It was a good way to stay in shape for football. Nothing like driving steel fenceposts by hand in 90 degree heat to keep a guy in shape

Re: Re: Important

Home inspection should be wrapping up right now. Waiting for my phone to ring for the report. Its a little nerve wracking

Why didn't you go along for the inspection?
I insist the buyer comes along so I can point things out to him/her.
Curious, how much did the inspection cost?

Re: Re: Important

anyone looking for a weeks worth of a working vacation to good ol' north missouri? I will put you up in the cabin, supply all meals and pay $450 cash for 5 days of saw work. That consists of clearing out fence rows and cutting hedge posts. It is not fun work, but it is cash. It can be paid in $1 bills or however you would like.....

Cheese "cant get any good local help now a days" Man

How many hours per day would a guy be required to work?
How long of a lunch would a guy get?
Is the "farmer's daughter" included somewhere in the deal also?
How many coffee breaks whould a guy get?
Need more details.

How many hours per day would a guy be required to work?
How long of a lunch would a guy get?
Is the "farmer's daughter" included somewhere in the deal also?
How many coffee breaks whould a guy get?
Need more details.

You should probably go for the farmers wife.

Might want to call insurance co.

X2, worth considering. I wasn't going to until I saw the water in adjacent rooms. Granted I had a huge volume of water leaking and it got into the HVAC ducts and collapsed them, which was $3-4k alone to get replaced. All in all the claim was close to $13k but probably 2/3rd of my flooring was replaced (their idea, not mine).

All I can say is pull up anything you might think is wet. You could also call a restoration company and have them do tear out and dry out, it will probably be at least a grand though. Maybe less if you tell them it's NOT an insurance claim. I've found that the subfloors are usually weather rated and are a lot more resistant to water than I would have guessed, so just getting them exposed and running some fans can dry them out pretty quick. You will probably want to pull out the baseboard in that area. If the drywall is soggy get it tore out now, it's too cheap and easy to replace to risk leaving it there. You probably will only have to go up a couple feet.

Tell Sam to get his bathroom project done so he can come help you :D

The wife called them and they told her its not something they cover... i think they are not understanding what she is explaining so i will call them again.

sam will never finish his bathroom :D

We finally got a measurable amount of snow fall!

Granted it was about an inch or so, but more than a dusting!

mac 'told my wife it was three inches' gyvr

We finally got a measurable amount of snow fall!

Granted it was about an inch or so, but more than a dusting!

mac 'told my wife it was three inches' gyvr

I Decided this morning that i should start watching the weather.

not like it makes a difference i guess but i had no idea i would be driving in a snow storm this morning.

e-way was cover and it took a bit longer to get to work.

also, my 4wd is not working correctly. keeps popping out of 4wd. quick search and it looks like i just need to adjust the linkage. take care of it this weekend.

bout 1/4 to 12 last night, me and the ole lady are closing up the house to go to bed. she says, i think the washer is leaking. i looked, saw a small puddle thinking one of the kids just spilled something grabbed a towel. when i went to wipe it up i heard the sound of a cracked water pipe spraying water.

well suma bitsh. pulled the heavy bastards out(stacked washer and dryer) only to find that this pipe must have been leaking for a while. i have those floating laminate wood floors, the water has leaked out and under them. i didnt pull them all out yet but i am thinking the damage to the floors runs most of the hall way and some of the living room. only reason i say that is some of the boards have started to look like they are bubbling up. i thought they were just cheep pos floors. now i am thinking there is water hiding under there...

I would figure out how much it is going to cost to do it yourself. I made a Homeowners claim for my leaking roof that got damaged in the wind. When it was all said and done they raised my insurance more than what they gave me to fix the roof.

The wife called them and they told her its not something they cover... i think they are not understanding what she is explaining so i will call them again.

sam will never finish his bathroom :D

OK here is the deal, they do not cover "accidental direct physical loss" which basically means they are not going to pay you to get your water line fixed. When they first explained it to me I panicked because it sounded like they wouldn't cover anything. However most policies do cover any resulting damages from the loss. So in my case, my water softener screwed up and they said they wouldn't buy me a water softener, but they would pay for the tear out and dry out, and for replacement of anything else that was damaged. I was lucky (maybe?) that it was so expensive to fix, so it paid off in my case to make a claim (I think).

Generally speaking, unless it is going to be a fortune to fix everything, you are better off doing it yourself. I had standing water on the floor, under the floor, it was a bad deal and I'm glad I went the way I did. Had it been a couple thousand to repair, I would have not made a claim and sucked it up and worked on it myself, a little at a time. It spread to my other living areas though so I absolutely had to do something right away.

I would figure out how much it is going to cost to do it yourself. I made a Homeowners claim for my leaking roof that got damaged in the wind. When it was all said and done they raised my insurance more than what they gave me to fix the roof.

Having said everything above, I have not seen updated premiums yet. I am a little nervous.

zyjajenu.jpg

Working on getting my dishwasher installed :D

My mom and dad had their dishwasher leak, it was a slow leak that eventually rotted the floor. Ins paid $6k to them because that was the estimate was to fix it. Dad had less than $500 into materials, and a lot of labor, which left enough so mom could get the leather, power reclining couch she wanted.

This lightbar is retarded!
20131211_182925_zps42d5d941.jpg

Back