• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Re: Re: Important

Why didn't you go along for the inspection?
I insist the buyer comes along so I can point things out to him/her.
Curious, how much did the inspection cost?

It's a 7 hour car trip to get there. I did 2 walkthroughs of the house when we were there 2 weeks ago. We can't get away from work th do this one. We sent my wife's uncle who is a former construction and maintenance tech to do the walkthrough with the inspector. It was the best we could do and I feel pretty safe with him there. $275 was the inspection cost

Why didn't you go along for the inspection?
I insist the buyer comes along so I can point things out to him/her.
Curious, how much did the inspection cost?

I didn't go to ours either, the only day he had open I was at work. He gave us a multi-page spiral bound report with color pictures of the problem areas and a detailed checklist. $275.

I paid 250 and got a giant color picture pdf and the guy walked me through exactly what he looked for and what he was required to look for by state law. Decided to do the inspections myself after that.

I missed some things on this house but they were all covered up problems that the inspectors checkups would have also missed.

Heck we must have had a newbie for an inspector on our house. He was gonna write it up cuz we didn't have an attic access. Our whole house has cathedral ceilings in it. There is no attic access.

Anyone need a hella towrig??? The Dodge is available.

Cheese "New Chevy 3500 on its way" Man

Found out last night the only working flash light in my house is an app on my phone....

what did i become :tears:

Found out last night the only working flash light in my house is an app on my phone....

what did i become :tears:

Flashlight on phone, flashlight in Jeep, flashlight in BMW, flashlight in pocket, flashlight on nightstand........ I like being able to see! :D

Anyone need a hella towrig??? The Dodge is available.

Cheese "New Chevy 3500 on its way" Man

$50 and Firestone gives you a reach around? :D

You must have three mailboxes.

Nope, just the one still. My friends husband is a farrower and his business has slowed so he is only shoeing part time and needs to reduce his debts, so he is selling his newest truck in the fleet to cut the overhead. He has a buyer for the custom working/shoeing bed and is selling me the truck for the payoff. It is not brand new, but new enough for me and the new body style I like. I am buying it as a cab n chassis so now I need to find a late model bed.

$50 and Firestone gives you a reach around? :D

tempting......

Cheese "IFS and a duramax/allison FTW" Man

Flashlight on phone, flashlight in Jeep, flashlight in BMW, flashlight in pocket, flashlight on nightstand........ I like being able to see! :D

i said working, i have a bunch of flash lights. flashlight in jeep with no battery's, flashlight in garage with burnt out bulb,flashlight in house with dead battery's all corroded,small flashlight in kitchen drawer only works when you smack it, fleshlight in bedroom.

:D

tempting......

Cheese "IFS and a duramax/allison FTW" Man

You will love it, even though the IFS will break and leave you stranded immediately. Or at least that's what everyone says. ;)

Really though they are sweet trucks, did JR talk you into it? First time pulling a trailer in tow/haul is an awesome time.

Overhead console read 37* this morning in the garage. 1 mile down the road it was down to 4*. It was nice to see something in a Jeep drop faster than the gas gauge.

Found an old picture of the HoBuggy while digging through stuff.... I bet it even held the heat in with all that sheet metal on it :D

anyqade8.jpg

You will love it, even though the IFS will break and leave you stranded immediately. Or at least that's what everyone says. ;)

Really though they are sweet trucks, did JR talk you into it? First time pulling a trailer in tow/haul is an awesome time.

Overhead console read 37* this morning in the garage. 1 mile down the road it was down to 4*. It was nice to see something in a Jeep drop faster than the gas gauge.

The Dodge is a great work truck and that Cummins is a good motor, but its interior and creature comforts are majorly lacking. I can get this 08 Chevy for nearly what I can sell the 05 Dodge for so it was a no brainer. If I cant sell the Dodge, it will just turn into a full time farm truck and get the shit beat out of it. It is too nice to not let someone have a chance at it before it would go to that level.

The Dodge is a great work truck and that Cummins is a good motor, but its interior and creature comforts are majorly lacking. I can get this 08 Chevy for nearly what I can sell the 05 Dodge for so it was a no brainer. If I cant sell the Dodge, it will just turn into a full time farm truck and get the shit beat out of it. It is too nice to not let someone have a chance at it before it would go to that level.

I can't own a dodge.... Cummins or not. I agree with the old sentiment "buy a cummins only to watch the truck fall apart around the motor"

I could get away with a manual trans.... But a manual second gen truck is apparently worth 20k

I would of liked a manual transmission in the Dodge, but like you, I was not willing to pay that price for it...and the auto had a new HD build recently done on it so that saved me the bill of rebuilding it. It is a pulling SOB, but not a fan of the rest of the Dodge package.

Back