• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

When in the term of a pregnancy is it time to tell family and friends that your significant other is pregnant? ie 5 weeks pregnant, after the first trimester?

Just curious.

Is it the first pregnancy?

The chance of a miscarriage goes down by more than 60% after the first trimester. Most first pregnancies result in a miscarriage. It's a lot easier to deal with it privately than it is to jump on facebook and tell everyone you know that she's not pregnant anymore. It creates a lot of emotional stress for her.

My wife had two miscarriages. One very privately (just our parents knew) and one very publicly. The second was miserable because everyone wants to tell you how sorry they are and they keep reminding you what happened for months.

You should tell people who need to know (parents, immediate family) and then wait until you know things are progressing well, at least past the 10-12 week mark. If something happens, it's a lot easier to deal with.

9.5's for me.

87 'tiny feet' manche

red 'motion of the ocean' heep

I was kinda thinking somethig around these lines last night. started thinking maybe alternator is weak because it seems to do it when i add a load like the AC.
but the guy working on it says that it acts like it has a vacuum leak.

SAM'quoted'SET

I googled and a lot of saturn boards are saying that the low voltage problem causes the rough/no idle problem. I'm sure it can masquerade itself as a vacuum leak, but you're not dealing with a carb. It should still idle something short of a massive leak with the computer compensating for it.

I would check battery and alternator voltage. Especially since there's a lot of net traffic about it.

The chance of a miscarriage goes down by more than 60% after the first trimester. Most first pregnancies result in a miscarriage. It's a lot easier to deal with it privately than it is to jump on facebook and tell everyone you know that she's not pregnant anymore. It creates a lot of emotional stress for her.

My wife had two miscarriages. One very privately (just our parents knew) and one very publicly. The second was miserable because everyone wants to tell you how sorry they are and they keep reminding you what happened for months.

You should tell people who need to know (parents, immediate family) and then wait until you know things are progressing well, at least past the 10-12 week mark. If something happens, it's a lot easier to deal with.

This true. we told the immediate famo and friends at the party and she wants to wait until shes 12 weeks before the social network get a hold of it.

i told you guys but what eve

red 'motion of the ocean' heep

I googled and a lot of saturn boards are saying that the low voltage problem causes the rough/no idle problem. I'm sure it can masquerade itself as a vacuum leak, but you're not dealing with a carb. It should still idle something short of a massive leak with the computer compensating for it.

I would check battery and alternator voltage. Especially since there's a lot of net traffic about it.

ok ima have to look into this. thanks

agreed.... telling everyone we lost the twins was the hardest thing i ever had to do, it changed me, and still affects me a year later. best to wait, it wouldve been much easier to deal with without everyone reminding me about it....

short"wouldve had identical 5 month olds right now"xjdoug

Last edited:
Statistically speaking is it really true that "most" first pregnancies end in miscarriage? I know the chances are a lot greater but I've never heard that most do.

Statistically speaking, 75% of all Statistics are made up on the spot.

My ex had three, her first, and two more after Travis.

We waited both times for public until after the first ultrasound (vaginal).

First had no issues and second is going well, couldn't imagine having to deal with a miscarriage.

We were only 7 or 8 weeks preggo when we announced at winterfest.

I knew it would be tough if we lost the pregnancy but I couldn't think of a better place to announce it.

mac 'glad it went mostly smoothly' gyvr

Safet locks are not engaging/disengaging on my hoists at school... No one in district wants to pay the money to fix them...

Might as well turn it into a sewing class... Ohh wait, they wont want to pay for fixing those either.... FML

Safet locks are not engaging/disengaging on my hoists at school... No one in district wants to pay the money to fix them...

Might as well turn it into a sewing class... Ohh wait, they wont want to pay for fixing those either.... FML

Tell them you are going to call OSHA, bet its cheaper to fix the cranes.

Statistically speaking is it really true that "most" first pregnancies end in miscarriage? I know the chances are a lot greater but I've never heard that most do.

My understanding from talking to the doctors about both of hers was that the majority of miscarriages during the first pregnancy aren't reported as pregnancies.

It's more like a "I skipped a month" type scenario. The woman doesn't know she's pregnant and assumes that it is a cycle problem. Then it shows up 6 weeks later and she doesn't know it's actually a miscarriage. That's what the doctors told me.

Actual reported miscarriages I'm sure are a much smaller number statistically, because you have to go and actually get tested for a pregnancy before it gets deemed a miscarriage later. I'm sure there are some women who skip a couple of months and just assume it was something weird, rather than they were actually pregnant and lost it.

"I'm not a gynecologist but, ........I'll take a look."

Back