• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Since I am moving this week, I took all the stuff out of the back of my XJ. Before, the springs were so flat I couldn't barely get a finger between the flare and my tire.

After taking everything out.
2012-07-23_19-32-31_685.jpg

I can lay my hand on the tire and get my hand in there now.

I will probably leave most of the stuff in the garage now that I will be living with my dad and there is plenty of storage in there.

Had a new set of tires put on my tahoe last week, wanted to keep the old tires. Teresa picked the vehicle up and drove home. Later that night i went to take the old tires out and they were not in bags. I was not happy so I called belle tire and they said to get the inside detailed and bring them the bill, and they're also sending me a $50 visa card to take my "wife" out to dinner.

They certainly know how to right a wrong.

Good deal! BTW it was good meeting you today, got home around 5 been lazy!

Your leaf springs are still frowning at us :(

I know! I do plan on hopefully getting those replaced sometimes in the next few months. The big problem is once I get bills caught up, it is save money, fix XJ, and save up for firearms! Those are all going to be expensive.

got the stomach flu for the first time in about 7 years last night...i was fine all day then at some point during my imax shift last night it came on hard and fast and i wound up going home early. i feel a bit better now, but i have to drive overnight to a show in nebraska that loads in at 8am...and its going to be hot as hell tomorrow. i have a feeling im in for a long day. my body already hurts like crazy....its days like today that make me wish i had a hot tub

All I have to say is it is :flame:
Definitely not fat guy weather.

I have a cushy job inside an air conditioned van driving in the UP stopping at air conditioned dental offices with sometimes hot women. Had to repair a compressor in a shed attached to the office. It was 112F according to my fluke 173 with temp gauge in there. Above the compressor it was 126F. I think I sweat 2 gallons today. How the hell do you guys survive this crap working outside?

I now have a renewed respect for you guys not working in A/C.:patriot:

The last time I worked in A/C was 2001. It makes going outside a nightmare. Working in the weather makes going inside a pleasantry. You get used to it either way.

Tonight was not fun... Granted I didn't have any work so i clocked out and bed-lined the roof of the jeep... Going inside actually was chilly and I ended up staying in the shop. Took a warm shower when I got home too...

Up at 5 to get to interview, then work 3:30 till midnight... 19 hour day should be fun...

99SJ 'Don't need to be sick for my interview!' Ex

Last edited:
I have to work in a shop that is 10 to 15 degrees hotter than the outside temp. I just love working on cars that they have been driving around all day long & want chit fixed right now. Here's an idea( go fock yourself). Sorry I have an attitude, If you have met me you would all ready
know, if not, don't be offended.

I have to work in a shop that is 10 to 15 degrees hotter than the outside temp. I just love working on cars that they have been driving around all day long & want chit fixed right now. Here's an idea( go fock yourself). Sorry I have an attitude, If you have met me you would all ready
know, if not, don't be offended.
quicklube garage?

gotta love that splash of hot oil when it's already 110+ in the pit, you're wearing dark blue long sleeve + long pants uniforms and you have a car over you that just got off the highway!

- Ken 'did my time at valvoline instant oil change' Stein

quicklube garage?

gotta love that splash of hot oil when it's already 110+ in the pit, you're wearing dark blue long sleeve + long pants uniforms and you have a car over you that just got off the highway!

- Ken 'did my time at valvoline instant oil change' Stein
not quite a quicklube place but we do offer oil changes.

I talked to my son last night, he is going to British Columbia Canada to take some qualifying classes to work on the oil rigs up there. He will be gone for only 12 days now, but if he gets a job on a rig he will be moving up there in the fall.

That job is probably one of the toughest jobs around, but it also pays $2k/$3k a week.

I talked to my son last night, he is going to British Columbia Canada to take some qualifying classes to work on the oil rigs up there. He will be gone for only 12 days now, but if he gets a job on a rig he will be moving up there in the fall.

That job is probably one of the toughest jobs around, but it also pays $2k/$3k a week.
from what i've seen on tv, that is some hard work, I wish him luck. Not something I would want to try at my age.

Just pulled into the highschool parking lot... Kind of nervous... Came on here to try and calm myself down.

Dan I wish your son the best of luck! It takes a certain person with deep convictions to do that kind of thing for a career.

99SJ 'Here goes nothing' Ex

Austin, I'd say give me a call, I'll buy you lunch before you leave, but I'm digging out from being out of the office for 10 days.

Good luck with the interview.

can you still buy a hard drive that's worth a damn these days?

just got done with a multiple drive failure in a RAID array. Good times.

drives are 30 days old and two of them failed inside of two hours of each other.
First failure triggered a hot spare rebuild, rebuild killed another drive in the array.

what a cluster.

I'd be on the horn, making a vendor's life uncomfortable at the least. Were both failed drives from the same lot? This is a pretty good reason to use varied drives in a RAID configuration.

Back