• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

you guys do things funny down there. Here the dealership will take all the paper work to the Secretary of State (BMV for you IN guys), transfer the title and buy the plates, which the plates usually show in the mail within a week or so. Of course we pay plate/registration fees to the dealership, but they do all the work.

Even with a lein holder, WE hold the title, with the leinholder's name on the title. After payoff the leinholder sends a letter releasing the lein that we simply attach to the title.

Much easier here. :D

I like that approach. I think a lot of dealers in IN can do the title and plating work now, but I didn't trade in a vehicle and I didn't bring any plates to transfer, so I'm on my own to do it (provided they send me the paperwork).

I got a call from the lein-holding bank this morning and the lady explained that they would receive the title directly, but that I should still have received a form to take to the BMV, proving I bought it and allowing me to register the truck. Called the dealership and they're "looking into it," of course the general manager made it out to be anyone's fault except his. I don't care who's fault it is, but if in 10 days my temp plate expires and I have a red paperweight in my driveway, I will not be happy.

Haven't you sold something lately and have a plate sitting around that's not expired?

mac 'slap it on' gyvr

Haven't you sold something lately and have a plate sitting around that's not expired?

mac 'slap it on' gyvr

Yea, I could throw my old truck plate on it, I don't know if that's legal to do though? I always wait to move the plate over until I've done all the paperwork at the BMV, so that the plate and registration match the vehicle. If I got pulled over I'd hope the officer would be understanding of the situation, but the last thing I need is someone jumping to conclusions because I have an 04 GMC with 97 Ford plates on it. Maybe it's a pretty common occurrence. I'll defer to you, you have a little more experience with this type of thing :)

Well the dealer just called and said I should have everything by the end of the week, I hope they're right.

mac 'slap it on' gyvr

I think he's keeping the plate on the Dually for now, just in case. You know how Brad's vehicles are! :D

Yea, I could throw my old truck plate on it, I don't know if that's legal to do though? I always wait to move the plate over until I've done all the paperwork at the BMV, so that the plate and registration match the vehicle. If I got pulled over I'd hope the officer would be understanding of the situation, but the last thing I need is someone jumping to conclusions because I have an 04 GMC with 97 Ford plates on it. Maybe it's a pretty common occurrence. I'll defer to you, you have a little more experience with this type of thing :)

Well the dealer just called and said I should have everything by the end of the week, I hope they're right.

You should have some paperwork on the truck you bought, keep that with you. You can only legally put another plate on if you have sold that vehicle. I was thinking your ZJ plate...if it was a truck plate or God plate...or if it was plated? You can only do this for 30 days just like a temp tag...however, if you were to go over the 30 days and explain to the officer what your situation is they would probably give you a break...now if its two or three months later...

it will of course come back to a different vehicle, and that is enough to pull you over. once the paperwork is shown it clears everything up...maybe...

mac 'wheelin the paper trail' gyvr

Yea but I'll take it off when I sell it or when I get my paperwork. I've now got two vehicles up by the road with for sale signs... trying to thin down the herd.

The Xterra? :D

Yea but I'll take it off when I sell it or when I get my paperwork. I've now got two vehicles up by the road with for sale signs... trying to thin down the herd.

I wouldn't take the plate off the dually until its sold. BMV won't be happy to transfer the plate to your new truck if you still own the old truck.

mac 'then you get another paper plate til they send yours in the mail' gyvr

FYI for those in Indiana that swap vehicles a lot. The "In God we trust" plates can be transferred from cars to trucks and vice versa.

For that matter any of the specialty plates can be on a car or truck.

I have personalized plates on my f350.

mac 'keeps the weight rating off the tag' gyvr

Had a new set of tires put on my tahoe last week, wanted to keep the old tires. Teresa picked the vehicle up and drove home. Later that night i went to take the old tires out and they were not in bags. I was not happy so I called belle tire and they said to get the inside detailed and bring them the bill, and they're also sending me a $50 visa card to take my "wife" out to dinner.

They certainly know how to right a wrong.

In MI you DO NOT want to do that. Better to drive with no plate than the wrong plate.

Going to be in Battle Creek MI this weekend celebrating my bachelor party. Going to Charlotte before for a car show then heading to HOT's gentlemens club and other bars in the area. Catching up with my buddy Trevor that live's in BC.

On the drive home from Texas... Tore it up wake boarding behind my buddy's new Tige boat, there is such a difference on the wake and using the gps speed control. I am one sore SOB today. Being 36 and not conditioned for that is making for an uncomfortable 16 hour drive home.

Jake, glad u got the box :D. It is a traveling box so don't destroy it. It has transported parts to a couple members now...keep it alive my friend.

Cheese "gotta pay to play" Man

You wouldn't have had to drive clear to Texas to over indulge on a boat...

Had a new set of tires put on my tahoe last week, wanted to keep the old tires. Teresa picked the vehicle up and drove home. Later that night i went to take the old tires out and they were not in bags. I was not happy so I called belle tire and they said to get the inside detailed and bring them the bill, and they're also sending me a $50 visa card to take my "wife" out to dinner.

They certainly know how to right a wrong.

Dont hear of placed like that much anymore.

Back