• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Max-Bilt has used a tractor/trailer several years now to drive out. Both enclosed and flat trailers I believe.

99SJ 'Something like $600 per vehicle' Ex

0722121933.jpg

the dark knight rises spins round and round...currently it is the largest (longest) movie ever to be put on an imax platter. followed very closely by avatar. there is 72 minutes of full screen imax footage in the movie. if you get a chance to see it in imax i would highly recommend it.

Even with plane ticket? Or driving a gas getter there?

Using gasbuddy.com I figured ~$800 in diesel to tow and ~$550 in gas to drive. Round trip. That didn't allow for driving around while there, and those were today's fuel prices.

Dunno about getting there while using a semi. Pack 6 people in a minivan, put luggage in the Jeep and split fuel I suppose.

Seems like I did the paper on this several years ago and it comes out a wash by the time you hire the truck driver and pay him to sit around for a week.

I have a buddy that is an owner/operator. I think I'm going to give him a call to see for sure. The up side of using someone i know is that we could team the trip there and back, possibly lowering the cost and speeding the trip. A single driver would take 3 day to make the trip from Mich or Indiana due to DOT regulations. 11 hours driving, 10 off.

Amen!! Then people can afford vacations

SPOBI

People are still taking vacations, and not staying in "budget" hotels either. I would not mind seeing gas prices double in the summer to keep people home.

fawking kids running down the hallway, screaming in the pool, getting in the way at breakfast....

I hate summer.

Rev

SPOBI

People are still taking vacations, and not staying in "budget" hotels either. I would not mind seeing gas prices double in the summer to keep people home.

fawking kids running down the hallway, screaming in the pool, getting in the way at breakfast....

I hate summer.

Rev

Great, someone woke Grandpa up early! :D

I have a buddy that is an owner/operator. I think I'm going to give him a call to see for sure. The up side of using someone i know is that we could team the trip there and back, possibly lowering the cost and speeding the trip. A single driver would take 3 day to make the trip from Mich or Indiana due to DOT regulations. 11 hours driving, 10 off.
have I mentioned I have a class A CDL license.

There were actually people wheeling this weekend. Had about 19 rigs all weekend and probably close to 50 people. The 4 door JK's are serious people haulers apparently. The dog got worn out with all the greeting, crotch sniffing and getting the belly rubbed.

560930_3727066452379_1634331389_n.jpg

One of the Eau Claire Guys is owner operator and thats how they roll, takes them approximately 24 hours to get there from E.C. WI....

anyone ever use this type of weight dist. hitch?

picture.php
I'm no engineer, but how is that spose to distribute weight? Seem like you still have the same amount of weight to the receiver.

Back