• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Yesterday morning 2 unfortunate things happened.

The first was just after breakfast: some no good SOB decided to raid our garage, while we were home not 2 feet away behind a solid door. I hear noises, mentally accounted for everyone, turned down the TV and listened.
Opened the door beteen the garage and Den and there this SOB was with an arm full of stuff. I chased his ass to his car, where apparently the 2nd unfortunate thing happened; I stubbed my toe and a sheet of skin came off.

Now I don't know which has got me more agravated, the opportunistic SOB trying to lift my stuff ( ironically, just extension cords ), or my skinless toe!!

CMP

You live a couple hours from the North Store at Camp Perry.

Nice! Wasn't sure if it was passed down from a family member or something. My Step dad's dad has one, very fun to shoot. He used to shoot open iron competitions with it when he was younger.

looking at buying a gopro. Who has one, and do you like it?

We have one at the shop that we put in the CNC machines, makes some kool videos. I just dont like the wide angle to them. It would be a fun toy for you I'd think knowing your previous background.

x3

We have one at the shop that we put in the CNC machines, makes some kool videos. I just dont like the wide angle to them. It would be a fun toy for you I'd think knowing your previous background.

I don't care for the fisheye lens style either. That shit got played out in the 90's in skateboard videos.

Look at the contour cameras. Like the go pro, but not fisheye.

For the trip to moab, why not just rent a 18 wheeler with a car hauler and split the cost between everyone who is hitching a ride. I think it would be cheaper in the long run then everyone driving out individually? Then take everyone in a few cars/vans.

I don't know the prices to do all of this but it might be an idea...

Isn't that something Brian. Seems like everytime you look at one thought they end up being them darn I6's.

I hate fighting with people. Just blew the Fawk up on my roomies and wife. After I cleaned the kitchen of everyone else's crap I go down stairs to do laundry. Both washer and dryer are full. That was it. I dont like getting mad like this.

K "feeling used" man

For the trip to moab, why not just rent a 18 wheeler with a car hauler and split the cost between everyone who is hitching a ride. I think it would be cheaper in the long run then everyone driving out individually? Then take everyone in a few cars/vans.

I don't know the prices to do all of this but it might be an idea...

figure that out and let us know. I dont know how exactly you do that or get a price...or if lifted xjs will fit. lots of people talk about it, and make it sound like the greatest answer...but...how do you pull it off.

mac 'fly in, fly out' gyvr

well back from st louis...corn looks pretty awful down there. passed hannibal rocks on the way down, turns out its not as far as i thought :) i don't think the subie was quite up to the task

in other news...i may have gotten access to a hunting area that i have been eyeing for years now. crossing my fingers for now, but if it works out...it could be pretty sweet.

figure that out and let us know. I dont know how exactly you do that or get a price...or if lifted xjs will fit. lots of people talk about it, and make it sound like the greatest answer...but...how do you pull it off.

mac 'fly in, fly out' gyvr

I don't plan on going so why would I do the leg work? just an idea if someone wants the task.

Fitting them might be a problem too, It would be one hell of a tight fit. But they do move fullsize trucks on them and roof height wise they are about the same height as a ~4.5" lifted cherokee.

I don't plan on going so why would I do the leg work? just an idea if someone wants the task.

Fitting them might be a problem too, It would be one hell of a tight fit. But they do move fullsize trucks on them and roof height wise they are about the same height as a ~4.5" lifted cherokee.

you were suggesting like you were going...

i always wonder what the driver is going to do for the week you are out there...

mac 'might get expensive' gyvr

just got home from being stranded at the walmart. jeep started fine when i left. just had no juice when i got out the store. crappy part is this happen yesterday also. got gas wouldnt start. sat there and thought WTF then the interior light came on and it started right up. that didnt happen today.

got a jump from some one had it running, the guy left i strapped the kids down and it died again before i could leave. went over to the parts store right accross the lot they wanted 99 bucks for a battery and then i would have to buy some tools to swap it in the lot. so i said screw it im not paying that. waited on another jump, two footed the junk home and i will bring my battery in to work tomorrow (first day of my vacation)to see if that was the problem.
batterys got a 7/09 sticker on it so it may be bad, i think i swapped it when my jeep was still stock. lol

oh yea, when i pulled it out i broke the damn tray!

screwed my whole afternoon up.

That shit got played out in the 90's in skateboard videos.
You're making me think of the Spin Doctors. Or OMC's "How Bizarre" video...

Wow.:wow:

I've been DDing the ZJ this week, and other than the terrible 12.8 MPG reported by the overhead lie-o-meter it's been nice. Definitely motivating to keep the build going so I can go wheeling.

Also, I have noticed a white built XJ with MO plates around town lately. Probably a student going to VU in the fall. It looks a lot like Hale's Jeep, but with larger tires. I'm going to print some NAXJA cards to put on the windshield next time I see it.

I dont think a traditional car hauler would work, it would have to be a 53' flat bed. With that trailer you could get 4 jeeps on. Figure the average owner operator will get $2/mile. Mac has figured he can run his truck for $.50/mile.

Back