• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

congratulations dan! thats awesome...don't tell my wife though, she has a little bit of baby fever these days. my guess is it won't belong before our parents become grandparents as well.

getting ready to head back for another long day at lazerfest...HOPEFULLY no stagehands do anything stupid today. yesterday, they were being a little overzealous trying to unload a semi and they tried to slam a 1000lb speaker stack onto the ramp quickly with no one footing it on the other end. the stack tipped over off the ramp and half bounced off the ramp and landed on a hand that was standing on the ground. luckily he was just bruised up...he thought he would be a tough guy and try to walk it off but we quickly told him to get his ass back on the ground and stay there until the ambulance got there. cant be too careful when 1000 pounds of dead weight pins your body to the ground. the only thing that scares me more than roofs waving back and forth on big shows is the number of hands that are rookies because of the shear number of people needed to build the show. its like handing a 16 year old the keys to a corvette and saying, i know you havent taken drivers ed, but can you drive this across town for me....

Never done big shows like that, but helped unload for Third Day and another band that had heavy speakers. Always told to make sure someone is in front and behind. Helped unload for my friends band when they had a concert at our old high school, they had a few big pieces of sound (and two towers of lighting), but nothing that heavy. Will be helping unload/load for the show in a week for friends band at my church. I love that portion of concerts (unloading/setup/tear down) as much as the concert itself.

Here she is...

picture.php

Congrats Grandpa Dan!

Florence, Italy is pretty nice, but I miss my Jeep! And turning wrenches...

Congrats, Dan!

She has more hair than you do :D

I love being a grandpa. Cindy and I are watching Sofia Mondays and Tuesdays, so I've been scheduling my work so I'm off at least one of those days.

Congrats Dan!

What the hell is a "Michigan Left"?

bm' first day in auburn hills ' yohn

where you cant make a left at the light... so you have to take a right, and then a U turn.

I figured it was how they turn left into the suicide lane and drive down it until there is space in the driving lane.

Congrats Dan!

What the hell is a "Michigan Left"?

bm' first day in auburn hills ' yohn

I missed your I'm in Fort Wayne text...

mac 'maybe next time' gyvr

0512121453.jpg

startin to look like a show around these parts....

0512121659.jpg

aaaaaand done...2 stages with 50x 40 foot show decks with 16 x 40 foot wings. plus 20x50 foot loading area. should be able to squeeze a few trailers in at a time. as long as i can keep my semi backed up the whole show, i'll be happy. long day tomorrow though...6am show call, first band loads in at 7am. then the show ends at 11pm and we promptly tear down after the show. should hopefully roll out at 2am to be up for a 7am show call at a different venue. tis the season...but im never one to complain when there is too much work :)

Back