• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Get the slide in.

X4

My pick up camper I had at winterfest was a 1990 pop-up originally for a Dakota, I had to space it up 6" to get over the cab of my Dodge, however the guy that bought it only spaced up 3" for his Chevy. I also had to space my jacks to fit the Ram under it.

If the one you're looking at needs any work for support of the bed, don't buy it. I got mine for $350 and needed to replace all the wood/supports. WHAT A PITA!!!!!!

After buying the motorhome, I think I'm going to trade it in for a P/U camper, it is really the best way to go. Although the motorhome has alot of space. But it cost alot to drive. But it has a rear bedroom. But I have to buy plates/insurance for it. But it's got alot of space. :dunno: see my delema?

hell brad, if your really shopping and interested, drive to the farm and buy mine...it is for sale!

hell brad, if your really shopping and interested, drive to the farm and buy mine...it is for sale!

I was just thinking that the one I'm looking at is kind of a drive... an hour and a half. I think Unionville might be a little further away though!

Then again I doubt this seller can offer me nachos and beer to entice me to buy it. I assume Cheese Man 4-Wheel Drive Off-Road Supplies, Fabrication, Nacho House and RV/Camper Emporium can help with camper installation services as well? :D

Going to see if you've got a For Sale ad around here anywhere, or can you PM me a price? And I want the same price as everyone else, you don't have to add 30% to it just because it's me!

low budget and it works great! Trailer and camper and I am in it for @ $5000. It is nice to have the opition to drop the trailer and have the truck to run around in if need be. And I still have a usable trailer for all the rest of the year for multiple purposes...i.e. hauling my friends crap around! :D

I hear that last part, I was telling someone the other day that even if I got completely out of off-roading (not gonna happen) there's no way I'd be without a truck and trailer anymore, it's just too handy, usually for other people though...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1046148&highlight=camper

here is my thread from last year.....I will take considerably less for it now b/c I once again have another idea I am wanting to persue. It is just as described in the add and the only thing that has changed is that I put a new roof vent in it since the other had weather cracked. I will leave the fridge, microwave and even a small electric heater in it if interested. It also has a new propane regulator in it as well as a hand pump faucet. I spent about $200 on it earlier this year for our trip to SMORR.

Cancer sucks!

There is a guy at work that has brain cancer diagnoised since april (mid 50s). He continues to fight it. Now a dispatcher just got news that his previous liver cancer is back...hes maybe 50...

And a lady here at my part time just passed from cancer, being diagnoised only a few months ago...she was early 60s

mac 'cancer sucks!' gyvr

I'm really hoping they perfect the HIV based cancer vaccine they have been working on for a while now... because I am definitely going to need it in a few decades.

Also, hammock camping is where it's at. Haven't done it in the winter yet but I have a zero degree bag, have used it down to about 40 degrees (in strong winds) and was perfectly comfortable. I think with a wind blocking tarp setup I should be fine down to at least zero without discomfort. And I am always ready to camp because I keep the hammock and sleeping bag behind the drivers seat in the MJ. I can roll into camp, hit the campfire immediately, set it up in 5 minutes hammered drunk and pass out in another 5.

here is my camper

IMAG0269.jpg

But in the last month it has moved to this:

IMAG0307.jpg

Needs a lot more work but its getting closer

I was just thinking that the one I'm looking at is kind of a drive... an hour and a half. I think Unionville might be a little further away though!

Then again I doubt this seller can offer me nachos and beer to entice me to buy it. I assume Cheese Man 4-Wheel Drive Off-Road Supplies, Fabrication, Nacho House and RV/Camper Emporium can help with camper installation services as well? :D

Going to see if you've got a For Sale ad around here anywhere, or can you PM me a price? And I want the same price as everyone else, you don't have to add 30% to it just because it's me!

I hear that last part, I was telling someone the other day that even if I got completely out of off-roading (not gonna happen) there's no way I'd be without a truck and trailer anymore, it's just too handy, usually for other people though...
All I heard was Blah Blah blah, road trip to tyler's.......when are we going? :D

Tent camping hasn't been bad so far, other than last Winterfest. The big problem I have is usually rolling in late and I'm ready to crack open a cold one, not screw with putting up a tent and inflating a mattress.
The single sweetest thing about the weinerbox is pulling into camp, backing out the Jeep, hookinh up the electric and water and being done!

Cancer sucks!

mac 'cancer sucks!' gyvr

yes it does buddy. very much so.

Very much agreed with you Mac. I lost a really good friend a few years ago to it and I found out today one of the techs at work have it also. Wouldn't wish it on the guy I wouldn't pee on if he was on fire.

Parakeet

At 8 I lost my best friend to leukemia. There is a bone marrow donor event in Iron River, MI. They are going to do a swab to see if you are a match for a 7 year old boy who has leukemia. I'm going to go and see if I can donate. I heard it hurts but if it saves a life, bring it on. Can't hurt any worse than when I broke my back.

CANCER SUCKS

morning jeepers
getting things together for the wheeling/bachelor party next weekend. hoping for good weather and no broken parts. have a buddy that has a stock xj. supposed to be bringing it with, just another soon to be addicted fella.
on the to do list for next week...install bumper, install bump stops, install muffler, install gas tank skid plate,fix starter problem, and set up cb radio:scared:
thats a good list for just a few days, but the starter and bump stops have to be the 1st as they are probably the most important.

:NAXJA:

yep. still drunk.

disco"drunk on a tuesday. or thursday. whatever day today is. steve"

Sounds like a good idea after the morning I have been having. Only two beers in the fridge. Time to sell something to get some beer!! :D

I got Friday Monday and Tuesday off just got to get past today, which is moving very slowly

I think my alternator is on its last legs... Started the Jeep this morning and CHECK GAUGES was on... turned everything off and drove 15min to Hudson. Turned off the jeep waited 15sec and started it again, the battery gauge showed good... What do you guys think? (We did have our first 'freeze' here last night...)

Back