• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

One more day of work....then off for 12 days. Tomorrow is going to drag. Ive been in vacation mode all week.

if anyone cares too can you go measure from the ground to the receiver on your tow rig? After the last time I measured other peoples trucks in the parking lot I'm hesitant to do that again.

I need to build a receiver for thw weinerbox and would like to make it an average pickup truck height since it will always be towing other peoples stuff with their drawbar.

if anyone cares too can you go measure from the ground to the receiver on your tow rig? After the last time I measured other peoples trucks in the parking lot I'm hesitant to do that again.

I need to build a receiver for thw weinerbox and would like to make it an average pickup truck height since it will always be towing other peoples stuff with their drawbar.

Uhaul requires a height of 21" or 26" from the ground i believe. Good starting point for a hitch.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I just finished the Durango Steering gearbox upgrade on the Heep.... WOW!!!!!!!!!

I posted the article I followed on my build thread, I really recommend this if you are unhappy with the effort you use in steering!

Now that I've got the Dodge back on the road, I'm hoisting a beverage and comfortably ensconced in an easy chair. I'll measure it tomorrow night.

I just finished the Durango Steering gearbox upgrade on the Heep.... WOW!!!!!!!!!

I posted the article I followed on my build thread, I really recommend this if you are unhappy with the effort you use in steering!
fully agreed. It went from two hands to steer the XJ comfortably with my 33s to one finger steering. I threw it on the MJ mostly because it was already connected/bled with my 96 PS pump I was installing (I hate the 95- belt tensioner design slightly more than I hate the 96+ design) during my drivetrain swap and lift, and I had managed to break one of the bolts in the stock steering box anyways.

There is very little drivetrain-wise that I did not replace in the last 2 months now that I think about it... tcase, rear axle, driveshafts, transmission, motor, intake/exhaust manifolds, ps pump, steering box, radiator, front bumper, header panel, lift, wheels/tires, front locker+diff cover+760 shafts, motor mounts, trans mount, brake booster, and pedal assembly all went in at once.

'96 Chevy K2500 with stock tires = 20" to the center of the hole. I use a 3.5" drop drawbar for the car hauler.

One more day of work....then off for 12 days. Tomorrow is going to drag. Ive been in vacation mode all week.

And you're getting married on Saturday...

mac 'best man' gyvr

puzzys

i can turn my 33's with my tires in ruts with one finger with the stock box

:D

after much thought (and many beers) I believe my heep is gonna go a new direction. I am pulling in the donor vehicle this weekend and gonna cut the axles out....and part of my rig apart too.....

anyone need parts off a 87 ford F350 w/ a 460 in it b/c it is going to scrap once the axles are pulled. It is a beat ass old farm truck w/o much good left on it, but it has a bitchen Pioneer cassette deck that has a few .22 shells rolling around inside of it from a certain kid putting them in there. :D

after this weekend, stay tuned for a part out thread on my rig...............

thanks guys.

If I take the easy wa yout on my receiver fab it will end up around 20 ", so it looks like that's the route I'm going.

i thought i had a bad case of athletes foot so i took off my shoe and i see a big ass mosquito bite on one of my toes...

moral of the story is, it now smells like feet by my desk :(

after much thought (and many beers) I believe my heep is gonna go a new direction. I am pulling in the donor vehicle this weekend and gonna cut the axles out....and part of my rig apart too.....

anyone need parts off a 87 ford F350 w/ a 460 in it b/c it is going to scrap once the axles are pulled. It is a beat ass old farm truck w/o much good left on it, but it has a bitchen Pioneer cassette deck that has a few .22 shells rolling around inside of it from a certain kid putting them in there. :D

after this weekend, stay tuned for a part out thread on my rig...............

Interested in that upcoming part out thread

me too but

REW'cant afford the chzz'STER :D

lazy day. bout time, I havn't had one in a very long time.

I think I'm going to go to the dump (I need to take one too), go look at a hood for Ashley's bf's truck, then maybe finish the LED's on my trailer.

I may just set back and drink beer :dunno:

Fore ' :cheers: ' Wheeler

Interested in that upcoming part out thread

me too but

REW'cant afford the chzz'STER :D

you guys may be suprised.......items coming off will include axles, lockers, driveshafts, 4.10 gears, (or complete built axles) rear leafs and shackles (possibly...depending on some design details), rear bumper w/ tie ins and for cut 1/4's, JCR 1/4 guards, custom tail light boxes, receiver hitch, tinted rear glass, extra chryco 8.25 29 sp axles, D30 297 axles, LCA skid plates, 15x8 balck steelies w/ CrawlFab weld-on beadlocks, one black steelie w/o beadlock, my custom built heavy duty roofrack w/ roof sliders, and who knows what else....but can you get the picture of which way I am going??? :D

Cheese "bored and ready for a change" Man

you guys may be suprised.......items coming off will include axles, lockers, driveshafts, 4.10 gears, (or complete built axles) rear leafs and shackles (possibly...depending on some design details), rear bumper w/ tie ins and for cut 1/4's, JCR 1/4 guards, custom tail light boxes, receiver hitch, tinted rear glass, extra chryco 8.25 29 sp axles, D30 297 axles, LCA skid plates, 15x8 balck steelies w/ CrawlFab weld-on beadlocks, one black steelie w/o beadlock, my custom built heavy duty roofrack w/ roof sliders, and who knows what else....but can you get the picture of which way I am going??? :D

Cheese "bored and ready for a change" Man
do you have a build thread on this rig? i could take a look and get my hopes up on some things

Back