• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

If I had to tow a homemade log splitter an hour away am I suppose to have plates on it? Ive always seen them without plates and I have seen small cement mixers and the like without plates. The log splitter is kind of long. I had planed on puting lights on it but I am unsure.
Any thoughts?

Mudin is bringing a whole new meaning to me right now

It's pouring rain at my starting point of puting in a patio got almost all the top soil dug and now there is a 17x12 mud pit. Right out my back door

On the bright side its perfect for mitigate striper mud wrestling :D

On the bright side its perfect for mitigate striper mud wrestling :D

Why would you and to watch fish mud wrestle? :dunno:

:D

Yep. I'm now in the "2 door XJs are more betterer" clique.

Kind of the outcast 2.5L 2 door that you let in the club because you feel bad for it, but it's still a 2 door :D

as long as it has a transfer case...

today marks the first friday in several years that its a real friday for me. I have the weekend off, gonna go get drunk with mac . :cheers:

they cut 3 stops on my route today, due to the holiday . the bad part is that is that they cut 2 of the stops from the beginning of route, starting me late

Fore 'northbound lane is starting to get heavy with traffic' Wheeler

Thanks for all your help! What a great time!

If I had to tow a homemade log splitter an hour away am I suppose to have plates on it? Ive always seen them without plates and I have seen small cement mixers and the like without plates. The log splitter is kind of long. I had planed on puting lights on it but I am unsure.
Any thoughts?

I usually go with if you can see the plate on the tow rig you don't need a plate on it...however I'm on vacation...

On that note, checking in, from Myrtle Beach. I'm currently a frozen daiquiri and six beers into the day. Couldn't get jack daniels yesterday because of sunday. going to get some now...and some baileys for my morning coffee...which I only drink coffee on vacation...

oh and i'm on the balcony of my hotel room looking at the ocean...its warm, no clouds...and sunny...

and i'm sunburnt...

mac 'trying to live like a king' gyvr

My buddy's roommate was driving my buddy's car today and totaled it. A family friend of his had a 98 Cherokee limited sitting around since their daughter unfortunately passed away at the age of 20. He has been working on this Jeep for years since he is an ASE certified Mechanic. He gave them a call and they said come pick it up and just pay us when you get your insurance check. It has 150k, leather and all the goodies and a BB. He is picking it up for 3000! I'll get him signed up on here and hope to have him out wheeling with us soon. I'll post up pics of it later.

Averaged just over 21mpg with the Dodge up & back from da west end of da YooPee. Now to start erasing the memories of my g/f's mother and her idiocies.

My buddy's roommate was driving my buddy's car today and totaled it. A family friend of his had a 98 Cherokee limited sitting around since their daughter unfortunately passed away at the age of 20. He has been working on this Jeep for years since he is an ASE certified Mechanic. He gave them a call and they said come pick it up and just pay us when you get your insurance check. It has 150k, leather and all the goodies and a BB. He is picking it up for 3000! I'll get him signed up on here and hope to have him out wheeling with us soon. I'll post up pics of it later.

How does insurance work when some one else crashes your car?

Averaged just over 21mpg with the Dodge up & back from da west end of da YooPee. Now to start erasing the memories of my g/f's mother and her idiocies.

I averaged 14.6 mpg with the Chevy on Friday going to Chicago and back. Half with an empty trailer and half with a stock XJ on the trailer. I didn't think that was bad at all.

As long as the driver had permission, is licensed, etc., I'd expect the insurance to cover it.

I averaged 14.6 mpg with the Chevy on Friday going to Chicago and back. Half with an empty trailer and half with a stock XJ on the trailer. I didn't think that was bad at all.
Not bad. I should have pointed out that nearly all of this trip was made at 60 mph.

In July, I'm going to be doing that same sort of run, but returning with a Civic on the trailer, round trip of around 1,200 miles.

My new trailer...

picture.php

I dunno but the poor old Honda was about dead anyways. he just put it out of its misery. Apparently, he rear ended a jeep at 35.

cant wait to get back to work to rest...

i started the long weekend Friday night putting the sliders on my jeep so i was up from 6:00am to 3:am

Saturday i was up from 7:00am till 2:30ish working on 3other XJ's

Sunday it was another early one around 7 again getting Rollin on my wife's new patio, laid bricks till about 11:30

today we were up by 7 again and probably not crashing for another hour or two

Rew'kinda like im 18 again'ster

In my experience, the car owner's insurance takes the hit...which makes sense as the car carries the insurance.

I let a friend borrow my XJ (back when it was "nice") to take his gf out for V-day. He backed into a car and my rates went up.

Back