• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

idiots...of all the ships to attack...

saw this this morning... they attacked a french military vessel some time ago.

I can't decide if this one is an april fools joke or not, I'm leaning towards it being true.

My thoughts? Why chase, board, and capture? Just sink the boat with them aboard. Why risk our sailors/Marines lives unnecessarily?

south-park-pirates.jpg
They are an intelligent lot, those pirates. :roflmao:

I think it's just a failure in the target selection process. Probably caused by every non-military ship on the ocean being unarmed. We could fix the problem and avoid a lot of confusion among the pirates by simply arming all the ships passing through the area.

I think it's just a failure in the target selection process. Probably caused by every non-military ship on the ocean being unarmed. We could fix the problem and avoid a lot of confusion among the pirates by simply arming all the ships passing through the area.
Or disguise random military ships as civilian, or even just stashing a squad or two of Marines on random ships passing through the area. Let the pirates play the ass-kicking lottery.
damnit, im agreeing with darky again...
Bwahhahaha!

Maybe they figured living in the brig was better than living in the shithole they call home. Now they're getting 3 squares a day, free medical and dental, decent treatment and a warm comfortable bed without lice. Sounds like a smart move to me!
They should have just sunk the bastards and foiled their plan.

Probably came upon the naval vessel at night, the only thing they could recognize was the wake. The ship was probably steaming darken ship (it's amazing how many vessels are out at night w/ lights out). My cutter almost ran into the USS CARL VINSON one night, our radar was Tango Uniform and we were in the middle of a squall, it was out there with no lights.

Putting a couple of squads of Marines aboard civilian ships is not without precedence, during the Tanker War precision marksmen rode the bows of US flagged Kuwaiti tankers to take out any floating mines.

We have this code called due process, that's why we just don't shoot first and ask questions later. These guys don't fly the Jolly Roger, can't tell the difference between pirates and fisherman until they start shooting. Boarding and seizing will allow for intel collection.

During WWI the Germans disguised a a gunboat as a tramp steamer reeking havoc in the North Sea and the approaches to Great Britian.

We have this code called due process, that's why we just don't shoot first and ask questions later. These guys don't fly the Jolly Roger, can't tell the difference between pirates and fisherman until they start shooting. Boarding and seizing will allow for intel collection.

These guys started shooting, we returned fire, chased, and captured. I say, when returning fie, fire to sink. Why send our guys aboard their ship in order to take them in and risk it being booby trapped or there being more guys hiding below decks to ambush any boarding party?

These guys started shooting, we returned fire, chased, and captured. I say, when returning fie, fire to sink. Why send our guys aboard their ship in order to take them in and risk it being booby trapped or there being more guys hiding below decks to ambush any boarding party?

I couldn't agree more.

X2. One torpedo or a few RPGs should solve these problems fairly quickly.

i cant imagine them ever getting away with firing a 600,000$ cruise missile at a skiff haha humane or not... (nichols is a missile frigate)

i cant imagine them ever getting away with firing a 600,000$ cruise missile at a skiff haha humane or not... (nichols is a missile frigate)
Use deck guns. Surely they have armament beyond cruise missiles.

I think they have Sea Whiz (no jokes, please) but I don't know if it can be fired at low objects.

Back