• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hummer rescue lol

Call me silly....but at least it was off-road. Anyone can get stuck, this pics show the H2 as no more of a poser than the XJ with a snorkel.

Sorry.

Rev

i guess the H2 isn't trail rated. maybe somebody should mail that vid to jeep?
lol. too heavy too big IMHO.
great shots people. thanks for posting.
N

Wil Badger said:
just no good with out video .now this H2 recovery is much better have pics and video
Yeah and one of them XJs pulling that hummer out had a snorkel. Funny how some really closed minded people think that if you put one thing or another on your jeep it automaticly makes you a poser.

DrMoab said:
Yeah and one of them XJs pulling that hummer out had a snorkel. Funny how some really closed minded people think that if you put one thing or another on your jeep it automaticly makes you a poser.

I'm not quite sure how a snorkle makes you a poser. Most posers wouldn't be willing to cut a hole in their shiny jeep.

jeepguy97 said:
I'm not quite sure how a snorkle makes you a poser. Most posers wouldn't be willing to cut a hole in their shiny jeep.

around new england a snorkel or a set of lights on the roof is a indicator of how much time a rig spends on the trails here.. those things dont last too long around trees...

sidriptide said:
around new england a snorkel or a set of lights on the roof is a indicator of how much time a rig spends on the trails here.. those things dont last too long around trees...
What in the hell is a tree??? Must be an east coast thing :laugh3:

sidriptide said:

Well the lights yes, but I guess what I'm trying to say is a snorkle is useful.....so I don't really think its a poser mod. A light bar is more of a poser mod. If you live in the desert then a snorkle is a poser mod.

jeepguy97 said:
Well the lights yes, but I guess what I'm trying to say is a snorkle is useful.....so I don't really think its a poser mod. A light bar is more of a poser mod. If you live in the desert then a snorkle is a poser mod.
Have you ever looked at ARBs website? They really try to sell the fact that their snorkel is used to keep the dust out of the air cleaner...So maybe not a poser mod for the desert.

I still want someone to explain to me why you automaticly become a poser if you have a(fill in the blank) part on your vehicle? Shouldn't it be based more on how you really use your jeep?

If I see a snorkel on a jeep with 22 inch wheels then yeah...maybe then its a poser mod.

Same with a winch though....how many times have you seen a winch on a jeep and the cable has never been spooled out? Might even still have the little rubber band around it? I see this all the time.

if you wheel at night AT ALL how is a light bar a poser mod? its really easy to fold them down if the trail is rEaLly tight i suppose? most my freinds have lightbars they have never broke a light torn it off or nothing else of that matter. PA trails arnt that wide. '

keith

The never ending battle of what is and what isn't a posuer mod. I believe it is the reason for the purchase and how the vehichle is used that makes it a posuer mod. If you buy a snorkle, and , install as stated before 22's, yup, mall crawlin posuer. But, if you run through the desert, or, play in the mud, snorkel is just added security. As to a lightbar, if you mount fog lights on the front bumper, and, have nowhere else for the big lights, a light bar is not a posuer mod. My buddie's xj has a lightbar we fabbed up, and, it's got 4 150 watt lights on the roof. I love following him, because it's like daylight on the trails. So, in conclusion, a posuer mod is something installed that really serves no purpose other than to say, "isn't my (fill in the blank) cool looking? Now I look like I can go run some trails! But, I don't want to scratch the paint, cause the junior high chicks that hang out at the mall don't think that's cool."

Tylor

92jeeper said:
in conclusion, a posuer mod is something installed that really serves no purpose other than to say, "isn't my (fill in the blank) cool looking? Now I look like I can go run some trails! But, I don't want to scratch the paint, cause the junior high chicks that hang out at the mall don't think that's cool."

Tylor
:worship: :cheers:

Silverstreak01 said:
if you wheel at night AT ALL how is a light bar a poser mod? its really easy to fold them down if the trail is rEaLly tight i suppose? most my freinds have lightbars they have never broke a light torn it off or nothing else of that matter. PA trails arnt that wide. '

keith

I agree the lights are useful, I guess its just that most of the light bars I've seen have the covers almost glued on they've been on there so long. To me a poser mode is anything you spend money on but don't really use. For example, I have a brush guard on the front of my jeep, but I only bought it so I could mount my KCs to something and I do use them.........so to some it may be a poser mod for looks but since its functional I don't consider it poser. Clear corners are the biggest poser mod I can think of. Whats wrong with the amber lenses, why spend $49 on clear corners?

*Sigh* since nobody's reposted it here so far, I'll add to the collection of H2 extraction links: enjoy.

What is wrong with wanting your trail rig to also look good?(mine doesnt but...)
I was on the behind the rocks trail and watched one of the nicest looking xj's I've seen do it with hardly any effort. It was black with clear corners, leather interior, not a scratch I could see my jeep's reflection in it.

After talking to him, I found out he goes to moab all the time and does all the trails. When he get's home he spends about a week taking every thing apart and cleaning it. He said he knows one day he will most likely dent or scratch it but, not yet.

It's not for me but I don't think he is a posser for it. It looked good and performed good to. :soapbox: :lecture:

I've got clear corners on mine. I got them as a gift. So, i didn't spend money on them, so, once again, you can't call Poseur if you don't know the application. And, I personallly think the clear corners look better. But, as of with everything, "to each his own"

Tylor

hologram said:
After talking to him, I found out he goes to moab all the time and does all the trails. When he get's home he spends about a week taking every thing apart and cleaning it. He said he knows one day he will most likely dent or scratch it but, not yet.

The issue most folks have isn't with people who use their XJs for their intended purpose. The issue is with the people who solely modify them to look as if they do, but panic if they have to drive through a puddle because it'll get their vehicle dirty.

If someone wants to run clear lights offroad, fine. I don't care. It still doesn't change my opinion that these things are just dumb, and have zero uniqueness factor when every damn Honda or Toyota I see around here seems to have them.

If someone doesn't damage their rig offroad, fine. This is something I try to avoid doing myself because it's my DD - if it were a cheapo XJ I'd picked up out of the Recycler just to have something to thrash around at weekends, body damage wouldn't be as big of a deal. Besides, I'd rather spend my time and money enjoying my XJ instead of fixing damage I could've avoided causing by using my head in the first place.

If someone installs something that is meant to be an aid to performance (meaning power output or offroad ability) and doesn't actually use it, it's a poser mod. Seriously, I live in what must be the world capital of slapping crap like this onto a (insert soft-roader here), then taking the vehicle out into places it was never intended for and getting comprehensively stuck. Conversely, we've got the people with machinery that *would* be capable trail machines (TJs, for example), if it weren't for the fact that they're scared to be anything other than posers because they don't want to scratch up the skidplates and rock rails they bought.

Please don't take any of this as an attack on you; it certainly isn't. I'm just tired of people arguing over opinion and fact on this subject as if they're the same thing.

Last edited:
Back