• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hummer rescue lol

No argueing from me! I'm right with you! I think the whole, calling a posuer is a little old now. It's been beat to death. So, how about that hummer that's stuck!
"If i wanted a hummer, I would have asked your sister"
Tylor

If someone wants to run clear lights offroad, fine. I don't care. It still doesn't change my opinion that these things are just dumb, and have zero uniqueness factor when every damn Honda or Toyota I see around here seems to have them.

Thats what I'm talking about.

Who cares what the hell someone does to their Jeep/whatever? Are my black steel wheels poser? White ones are cheaper and do the same thing, but I doubt I'll ever need the extra strength...if people really wanna get picky, I can say that the guy with the grill guard is a poser because I mounted my fog/driving lights straight to the bumper. It has holes predrilled. It doesn't matter what you think o my Jeep or someone else's. If the guy with 22's, neon, and air bags loves his Jeep, then good for him. Respect the effort and money invested into customizing their vehicle into what they wanted it to be. There's plenty who would call all of us crazy guys who like to lift their XJs crazy for changing what is an excellent handling/performing SUV into something that has to slow for corners.

Let he who is without sin cast the first towstrap.
Who cares about the Jeeps on the street or in the Mall lot? The only ones I'm looking at are the ones with me at the end of the trail.

Besides, they told me my "H2 Recovery Vehicle" sticker adds 10 horsepower!
:laugh3:

DrMoab said:
Have you ever looked at ARBs website? They really try to sell the fact that their snorkel is used to keep the dust out of the air cleaner...So maybe not a poser mod for the desert.

I still want someone to explain to me why you automaticly become a poser if you have a(fill in the blank) part on your vehicle? Shouldn't it be based more on how you really use your jeep?

If I see a snorkel on a jeep with 22 inch wheels then yeah...maybe then its a poser mod.

Same with a winch though....how many times have you seen a winch on a jeep and the cable has never been spooled out? Might even still have the little rubber band around it? I see this all the time.

Okay... funny how a h2 recovery post turned into another but anyway heres my input which probably doesnt mean much...

I agree with DrMoab 100%. this part especially "I still want someone to explain to me why you automaticly become a poser if you have a(fill in the blank) part on your vehicle?"

Its all about personal tastes whether or not you use the thing at all. who cares its not your rig.

BTW, what function does chopping away at your rig to make it look like a 4door truck do?

i have a snorkel on my jeep and i'll tell you what, it helped me out a few times. i was doing a river crossing where a TJ without a snorkel ended up sucks in water. so i really don't care what people think about being a poser or what not. it helped me and i'm glade i have one. and i like the way it looks TOO.

i really dont get the whole posuer mod thing.. if you think it looks good who cares.. i have a lightbar with 4hella 500s on it (basicly because i didnt like the big space between the top of my windshield and the start of my surco rack) and i just got a rock lizard fab bumper with the prerunner hoop . i added to foglights to under the hoop. because my headlights suck. and i will probably add 2 really nice offroad ralley 4000 lights to the top of hoop on the tabs.. is it all nesasary . NO will it help to see offroad YES.. just like a little bigger lift will help.. meatyer tires will help.. every little things help.. a snorkel (witch i actually have coming in the mail) may help.....HELL my stupid plastic "ventshade gaurds" probably keep mud out and i can have the windows down a little. if you say people that keep there truck so nice add all that stuff and never wheel it... honeslty even though i consider my truck nicer then most. There are times i wished i would never have taken it down that skinny little trail and scratched it all up.. or got all the proper skids and stuff before i dented my rockers all up. you can tell who wheels what they got and who dont. if there things to show it then fine .. wheel it then fine.. WHO CARES !!

I have clear corners and I am proud to be a poser.
doran17.jpg

Surprisingly I got the snorkle because I wheel in desert conditions and got tired of changing air filters on an almost daily basis. Dust in an engine is a quick recipe to a rebuild. Just check your filter the next time you wheel with a group in Moab. The sand gets ground down to a fine silt and will take a K&N and plug it over the course of a daytrip. I've also had it deep enough in water that I found out that door seals on XJ's are crap.

Here in Colorado, trees don't tend to tear off snorkles. I've also found that they pop back pretty good when you lay your rig on its side.

Back