• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hows your brakes on 37s and a dana 30?

staying on the 35s for now, swapped in some good pads and rotors front and rear, thing stops amazing.
going to link the rear soon, got pretty much everything together, almost, truss the top and back of the currie hi9. then save for an atlas.

after all of that is done, ill start saving for one tons and 39.5s and lots of brakes...

pinion brakes!

i know i am not the only one to notice but where the hell is the AD FAB in this thread, at best its MOD tech.... i wasted 15 min looking for something that hasnt been covered on the speed channel for bolt on crap....

i know i am not the only one to notice but where the hell is the AD FAB in this thread, at best its MOD tech.... i wasted 15 min looking for something that hasnt been covered on the speed channel for bolt on crap....
haha sorry . about the cage the thing, its all chopped up, now on 36 iroks, and lots of other stuff, hybrid cage, I just assumed the mod tech and stock jeep guys arent running 36+ tires yet. I plan on a hp60 /14ff c&c soon enough, but might just go yota axles though, flip front to driver drop and run 39.5 iroks.

37s on a 30... 40s on a toy 8"... this thread is chock full of brilliant ideas :rolleyes:

37s on a 30... 40s on a toy 8"... this thread is chock full of brilliant ideas :rolleyes:

Haha ya I agree its not recommended . it will make you cringe more , but I think one of next fordyce runs will have an XJ with a yota front flipped to driver on 40s (just swapped out his 30 that never broke anything other than a pass side shaft in johnson valley at 2am during KOH a few years ago), another 30 on 39.5 iroks, and a bunch of 30s on 36"+ tires. Ive seen guys break front shafts on 33s and not break on 35s, so its sorta the same idea, just pushing the limits of the 30, hence the truss, knuckle gussets, sleeves, chromos, lots of spare shafts, spare ball joints, spare unit bearings, spare steering, and spare 4.88s and bearings and shims. the steel doesnt cost much, the chromos where free, spares were free, I can swap a 30 shaft in roughly 25 minutes on the trail now. its not a great setup by any means, but the 30 just keeps holding up and a little bit of work here and there and it keeps getting more polished. just did the WJ swap for the brakes with some used parts.
now if you told me to weld up a 30 id say you are nuts. every welded 30 ive ever seen on the trail brakes like crazy on easy lines with small tires. that just crazy.

hind sight I would have just hounded CL for a cheap ford driver drop ford hp60 if i would have known at all what i was doing 7 years ago, shortened and resplined shafts, 5.38s and a detroit, truss, and never put a 1$ into the 30. thats more likely what will be next anyway.

my question is specifically " What about this whole thread ( if any thing ) is ADVANCED FABRICATION???? WHERE IS THERE SOME SIMBLENCE OF FABRICATION AT ALL??????

I guess that i can post pics of my pet fish here and as long as i mention i have aftermarket lugnuts on my XJ and ask how to torque them it will be acceptible as advanced fabrication now??? or, can i bolt on a toyota fog lamp to my jeep, thats advanced, right???? well as advanced fabrication as asking how your jeep stops with bigger tires on stockish or slightly MODified axles.... mod tech....

^ who cares? Move it if ya don't like it.

But as far as brakes if you don't want to go to bigger axles, but need better brakes. Check with our vendor Boostwerks.com. I believe he is still selling the wildwood setup for Cherokees utilizing the 84-89 knuckles. It was a bad *** set up.

fab067.jpg

Last edited:
Ya sorry . We can move this thread to mod or OEM tech

Back