• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home Safe

I definately had a GREAT time. It sure was a nice campground (i was expecting tent camping and outhouses haha) and the BBQ was SLAMMIN!Glad i could make it to my first NAC fest, and surely not my last! ill definately be going next year! thanx to all who made this possible. and nice to meet, well everyone bascially. :wave:

Bob and I made it back to NoVA around 4PM, depsite the traffic. Had a blast, was great to reconnect with old friends and faces. I'll try to be less of a stranger too since I re-upped with NAXJA :).

Skorpyo

Made it back around 7:00 p.m. last night, and unpacked everything and went right to bed.

Definitely a big thanks goes out to everyone that organized this as I was not disappointed for a minute. Definitely worth the 8 hour drive down! I'll be back again next year, but staying in a cabin or a tent on the campgrounds.

Big thanks goes out to Matt and Rich for leading our group around, we would have been lost without you guys!

I'm glad everyone had a great time and that the new camping venue worked out so well for you. :yelclap:

I had my share of adventures on Sunday. Took Junior (red MJ) out for a run with Dora. We ended up caught up in a recovery situation for 3 stock-ish XJ's who got off the beaten path down in the west property's logged out area. And Junior got stuck in it too, wish I had the camera, it was stuck in a rut so bad and then the battery cable kept making the guys jump it to keep it going. Then driving back to the office, it was acting all finicky with the fuel, it was all I could do to get that back to the office.

Finally headed home around 7 in Maggie, the "new" white MJ, I kinda had a feeling my day was not over, and sure enough, near the end of my travel home it started spewing radiator fluid everywhere. I was only a mile from my local garage, so I got it there hopefully before any really bad damage was done. Had to find a ride home, and then driove back with water to wash off the hood and fenders. Hoping the paint job isn't screwed up now.

And thanks to John (w/ the gray MJ) for taking time on Sunday morning in the middle of their repairs to help with my stuck power window.

Evening folks, got back home about 8:30. The Centralia stop was pretty cool. Rob M. took some pictures, hopefully they'll be up soon.

Again, NAC Fest did not disappoint. The folks behind the scenes did an awesome job creating a great event. I can't wait for next year, and I have lots of work to do.

--Matt

I got in yesterday about 4pm, unloaded the truck, ran to the car wash to get the mud off, had dinner, and promptly ran out of steam.

I'll get the Centralia pics off the camera tonight and see about posting them (and my NACFest pics) up...

I had a great time and met some realy great people. Thank you for having the event and a great weekend.

We got home around 11am. No problems..Jeep is still dirty but the rain will take care of that. This was my first NACFEST..I had a great time. Big thanks to Andy and John! I met some awesome people and enjoyed talking jeep stuff all weekend.

Looking forward to next year and wheeling with you guys again soon. Perhaps a nice weekend in August or September..Or maybe even sooner..

Lee, get your Jeep fixed!! Mike, keep your 35's..Justin, Keep your rig!:yelclap:

I got in yesterday about 4pm, unloaded the truck, ran to the car wash to get the mud off, had dinner, and promptly ran out of steam.

I'll get the Centralia pics off the camera tonight and see about posting them (and my NACFest pics) up...

Why on earth did you wash the mud off of your jeep? :confused1 :confused: :dunno: It's gonna rain sometime this week you lnow.

Why on earth did you wash the mud off of your jeep? :confused1 :confused: :dunno: It's gonna rain sometime this week you lnow.

haha, I did yesterday, because I got to start working on it immediately to have it ready again sucka!!

I got home Sunday afternoon without issue (well after almost half my diff fluid blew out of 2 holes in the axle tube). No carnage except a bashed tail pipe. I'm real proud of the ol' XJ, went from severe death wobble to a last minute decision to drive the whole trip, to back home in1 piece.

NAC BOD offered up a class act this year for sure. Especially in the choice of camp ground. Excellent place, great people. The barbeque was excellent! I missed the raffle ... :( .

Thanks to all for a fantastic trip, and HUGE thanks to the guys who helped out with my diff fluid changing fiasco. :gee:

Question for Ben ... how can you tell if there's more body damage on the MJ :confused: ? :shhh:

Bob and I made it back to NoVA around 4PM, depsite the traffic. Had a blast, was great to reconnect with old friends and faces. I'll try to be less of a stranger too since I re-upped with NAXJA :).

Skorpyo

Should have replied to this sooner, but glad to hear that you and Bob made it home safe. Let Bob know that aside from his sleep walking and moaning very loudly like a zombie - LOL! it was a pleasure having (uncle) bob as our guest, and look forward to having him again next year.

-Todd

I got home Sunday afternoon without issue (well after almost half my diff fluid blew out of 2 holes in the axle tube). No carnage except a bashed tail pipe. I'm real proud of the ol' XJ, went from severe death wobble to a last minute decision to drive the whole trip, to back home in1 piece.

Those wouldn't be the holes the axle shafts go through, would they? If not, what happened?

Question for Ben ... how can you tell if there's more body damage on the MJ :confused: ? :shhh:

I think he counts them before each run...

Those wouldn't be the holes the axle shafts go through, would they? If not, what happened?

I'd like to know what happened here also. I'm thinking perhaps i overfilled the diff somehow? I put most of what she had in her diff till i felt it through the fill plug.

Update Mighty?

Sorry guys, I haven't been on in several days ...
The holes are the 2 small holes on top of the axle tube on the driver side. A friend with the same axle told me that there should have been 2 bolts there for a clip that holds the hard brake lines. We did see them there as we filled the diff, but had no idea why they were there. It could be that we did overfill the diff, because when I pulled the plug at Allentown to see how much fluid I needed to replace, the pumpkin still had plenty. But the underside of the XJ from the rear axle back was drowning with stinky fluid by the time I got to Allentown.

Back