• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Have you ever tried....

Have you ever tried dog food?

• Yes

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Yes, and will not do it again.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Yes, and would do it again.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Hell No!!!

Votes: 33 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

None....
....dog food? Due to a recent finding I have found that my landlord, most of you know of whom I am talking about, has never tried it, and is completely disgusted at the fact that I have and did in front of him. So most of you know the current situation, and I know the jokes will commence after this post. I am used to it.

Also if you have, what kind and how was it?

It is SICK AND WRONG!

I don't care how poor you are!

:D

This kind, no other options

3446349523232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2344%3D7%3A9%3D%3A26%3DXROQDF%3E23239%3A7%3B7489%3Aot1lsi

Dry dogfood isn't all that bad... eaten with cold milk like cereal it's better... but for a grab & growl it beats gnawing on tree bark or roadkill.

Total cereal with OJ isn't bad either... breakfast of folks in a hurry.

I haven't knowingly eaten dog food but I did go through a period when I ate a lot of Carroll's club burgers, so I could be mistaken. They were about the diameter of an Alpo can, and I always envisioned some employee in the back of the restaurant cutting both ends off the can, pushing it out and slicing the contents onto the grill.

I did eat dog biscuits when I was little. They were pretty good for teething, I'm told.

woody said:
Dry dogfood isn't all that bad... eaten with cold milk like cereal it's better... .

Woody,,,,, dude,!

and Matt,,, don't know what to say, dog treats are just as bad!

Not really interested in dog food, but I used to keep a baggie of Milk-Bones in my field kit - probably why I never had trouble with my teeth. Water discipline can make brushing a pain, and you look for things that work.

Some of the high-end "gourmet" doggie biscuits usually taste burned, but the cheaper ones aren't bad. I'll still stick to Milk-Bones, tho.

I don't know what's funnier - the look on some kid's face when he finds out what I'm munching on, or the dog's face when he sees me eating his munchies...

It would do people well to remember that the human race has survived quite a long time by eating anything that can be chewed and swallowed. Pretty much anything you can feed to a pet you can eat yourself in a pinch. The internal economy and dietary needs of most mammals are similar enough for that to work

Oh - and I've got to agree that dog as food is also pretty good - better than cat. (Off-base while TDY'd to Osan AB, Korea...)

5-90

5-90 said:
Some of the high-end "gourmet" doggie biscuits usually taste burned, but the cheaper ones aren't bad. I'll still stick to Milk-Bones, tho.

Agreed...

I got addicted to milk-bones when I was an ACO...

I used to carry them in my pockets for PR purposes...

But then I'd get bored and hungry and I'd start munching on them...

Kinda like flavored sawdust...

:D

5-90 said:
Oh - and I've got to agree that dog as food is also pretty good - better than cat. (Off-base while TDY'd to Osan AB, Korea...)

5-90

I can vouch for that statement....taegogie I believe its called. Not bad at all.I did the whole Y2K thing in Korea.

My son used to hit the rabbit food regularly, you know those little green pellet looking things. Asked him one day how they tasted, he said, "the green ones were pretty good, but the black ones were pretty bad". Thought for a second "black ones?" and said let me see the rabbit food, told him the black ones where rat turds. :puke:

Funnies about food -or- foodlike items

One of my good buds, went through Ranger School at -+35 years old... He was a nam-vet infantry private...in a real-deal Ranger Co. but had never been to "the" army school though. Back then, they allowed a student to take one comfort item... (candies or dip was the typical) Pops took a big container of instant coffee, and a ziplock/spoon to grab & growl...

I've been fortunate (spoiled) that I've been "seriously" hungry only a few times. (and the times I've eaten odd stuff hasn't been then, it was in times of 'yeah, why not?')

8Mud said:
My son used to hit the rabbit food regularly, you know those little green pellet looking things. Asked him one day how they tasted, he said, "the green ones were pretty good, but the black ones were pretty bad". Thought for a second "black ones?" and said let me see the rabbit food, told him the black ones where rat turds. :puke:

And there goes dinner........lol :puke:

If a man gets hungry enough he WILL eat anything that can be caught snagged or shot (wich ever the case). I've eaten termites, grubs, night crawlers lizards, and scraped the mold off of some of the "old" stuff laying around the house. although most of it on dares. and I have to say that the dog food was better than many of the other things I have eaten.. aspecially the jerky treats.. so if your hungry... EAT :cheers:

woody said:
Funnies about food -or- foodlike items

One of my good buds, went through Ranger School at -+35 years old... He was a nam-vet infantry private...in a real-deal Ranger Co. but had never been to "the" army school though. Back then, they allowed a student to take one comfort item... (candies or dip was the typical) Pops took a big container of instant coffee, and a ziplock/spoon to grab & growl...

I've been fortunate (spoiled) that I've been "seriously" hungry only a few times. (and the times I've eaten odd stuff hasn't been then, it was in times of 'yeah, why not?')

After my third or fourth experience with terminal constipation. I turned native in Nam. Rice balls, a little vegitable oil, mixed with grated peanuts and grated coconut, chop up any handy greens (onions whatever) and wrap a mouthfull in brown paper. The wieght I saved I used for extra ammo and water. Water is mixed with iodine tablets, Lime juice and Grape suger (dextrose) (Lemon Koolaid if you can´t get The Limes). Rice, peanuts and cocanut, will keep for weeks and keep you going, the brown paper wrapper can be used for you know what. An occasioanal snake for proteen.

I'll shed some light here Cody, and you can decide if you'll continue to snack on the Puppy Chow.

Our company re-cabled the entire American Nutrition plant in Ogden to bring it up to Cat-5e Standards, plus linking remote nodes with fiber.
This is the areas largest producer of dog food, and they produce most of the major brands in the same plant. They make dog bones, snacks, wet food, dry food, etc.
So one day we're routing fiber over the Receiving Dock and the weekly load of by-products comes in..........anyone wanna guess what the frozen blocks of "meat" consisted of?
How about legs, hooves, heads of both equine and bovine flavor, fish parts of various species.......all pressed nicely into stinky frozen blocks of yum. These are dumped into the grinder and the process begins, where they will be combined with other stuff that make your coat shiny and your teeth white.

Dig in boy........

XJEEPER said:
I'll shed some light here Cody, and you can decide if you'll continue to snack on the Puppy Chow.

Our company re-cabled the entire American Nutrition plant in Ogden to bring it up to Cat-5e Standards, plus linking remote nodes with fiber.
This is the areas largest producer of dog food, and they produce most of the major brands in the same plant. They make dog bones, snacks, wet food, dry food, etc.
So one day we're routing fiber over the Receiving Dock and the weekly load of by-products comes in..........anyone wanna guess what the frozen blocks of "meat" consisted of?
How about legs, hooves, heads of both equine and bovine flavor, fish parts of various species.......all pressed nicely into stinky frozen blocks of yum. These are dumped into the grinder and the process begins, where they will be combined with other stuff that make your coat shiny and your teeth white.

Dig in boy........

this is true.. you ever read the ingredients of potted meat or other similar products? ..........same thing....

I ate dog in Korea and rat in Singapore. Mmmmmm tastes like.....chicken :laugh3:

Back