• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hackett Gulch, 3-25-17, 10:00 AM!

Are C-Springs folks just meeting at the trail head?
We are meeting at the SW corner of 31st and Colorado Ave. There is a KFC, and strip mall parking lot. Across the street from Starbucks. We are meeting 9ish. Should be a couple of XJ's, a JK, an LJ, and maybe a TJ. We are an inclusive bunch. :)

I want to make this but my daughters car took a crap and she is using my Jeep. I don't know if I will have it back by then.
Tell her she needs to run an errand for you, near Woodland Park. :D

We are meeting at the SW corner of 31st and Colorado Ave. There is a KFC, and strip mall parking lot. Across the street from Starbucks. We are meeting 9ish. Should be a couple of XJ's, a JK, an LJ, and maybe a TJ. We are an inclusive bunch. :)

I look forward to seeing everyone!

Perfect, I know exactly where you're talking about. See you all then!

Tell her she needs to run an errand for you, near Woodland Park. :D
Now it is my pleasure to do a transmission swap on an all wheel drive 2011 Chevy Equinox. Oh the fun :tears:

An XJ built like a tank = bumper cars .

An XJ built like a tank = winch anchor.

If that winch anchor happens to slide off-trail, I have tackle, just not a winch.

By yourself, a little over an hour from start to the river and back again, assuming good conditions. Rain and snow in a group with people that want to try obstacles over and over, should be out mid afternoon, assuming no problems.

I already have 3 jeeps canceling from COS. Snow and mud isn't their thing. I'm playing it by ear. As it stands, if people are still going, I'll at least drive to the trail head. Cedar Mtn road can be muddy, and had icey spots in areas in the shade. I went sideways a couple of times coming out.

Are there any rocks bigger than a basketball on the trail ...I will be doing Chinamans this weekend if I get my door latches before Saturday , but I ordered from RuffStuff late Monday ...I will attend the Naxja Chinamans run in April that is a good trail for relatively stock xj but has enough to offer some fun for , well the big boys .

We have 7 (including some posting here) all together on the FB event (18 interested! :eek:) - that would be a good group if it sticks.

The weather is, as usual in CO this time of year a wild card.

If any command decisions are made on the status of running this trail, please text me at 303-562-6763 and I will update the FB event ASAP. As of right now; still a go and a good turnout.

:cheers:

It will take an act of God to keep me from showing up.

NAXJA

Back