• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. OFFROAD RELOCATION BRACKETS REV 2 INSTALL

Oh yeah that looks way easier and beefier at the same time. I had to dremel off that lip and then dremel the 90 and pound the sheet metal in.

Nice redesign!:thumbup:

most definitely a factor lol

Mine took about 4 hours, but that included me taking my time, setup/cleanup, wire wheeling/painting the stock bolts, and modifying my dakota shackles to work.

I see no way you could have possibly used air tools except on the lower shackle bolt and the hitch/frame bolts.

My bolts were so tight anyways an impact wrench wasn't doing much on the ones I did manage to get it on.

18" strong arm FTW

Air ratchet to remove and install upper shackle bolts.
3/8" impact to remove and replace trailer hitch/skid plate bolts.
3/8" impact to remove and replace lower shock bolts.

damn air rachet took your upper bolts out? You're a lucky SOB.

Got a question for ya Brian...

Did you ever do anything about how the shackle cannot sit flat (i.e. shackle want to occupy the space of the hanger to the rear) I mentioned to ya a long time back?

Not trying to bash your product really, I just know this is what mine came to encounter, resulting in me cutting some of the mounting holes off when I made my set some 4 years ago now (not that I have them anymore since its a buggy).

I would suggest that once you are happy with the position of your shackle trim the rest of the box for clearance.

yes you can. The newer design uses a slotted hole in the stock shackle box so you can adjust it down to fit over skids or trailer hitch mounts. If you do so is your choice.

You can see the slotted holes in this photo:
IMG_5504.jpg

This is true, you can mount these flush against the frame, or hitch, or skid, or you can go crazy and sandwich them between the skid and hitch......

Whatever you want to do. These have been redesigned to work wherever you want them.

Back