• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. OFFROAD RELOCATION BRACKETS REV 2 INSTALL

Yes you need to use the bolts, this is what gives you the extra strengh.

These are much stronger than other versions offered of this bracket infact when I bought your origional design i bought it not so much for the extra flex from angle correction ,but for the bracing of the shackle box ...And now these are even sweeter . The other folks design might be slighly easier to install ,but that's only b/c they skip on the frame tie in for lateral support ...I even was told that if you don't abuse the other folks design it should be fine...I'm not sure how you define abuse in an offroad situation since I can easily slip off a large boulder and side load the bracket with force , and this design would be the one I'd pick to hold up over "ROUGHER" designs ...lol

got to look over these in person and i really dig the new design, anyone of any skill can install it in their xj. Ive also seen hd product run in MANY different jeeps and get abused without issue. our jeep is getting a set forsure after this weekend

Ordered motherXXXXer

Are these an engineered part? current lift laws here require every lift part to have some form of documentation, can you provide anything like this?

i doubt they did any calculations for these. They are far over-engineered for anything you might encounter. 1/4" plate steel and grade 8 hardware is way stronger than anything that ever came on your jeep from the factory.

Are these an engineered part? current lift laws here require every lift part to have some form of documentation, can you provide anything like this?

I can not supply you with the drawings /designs......I.P. reasons.

This design is a bolt on version that you could take off for the inspection?

I don't need require drawings or anything, just something on paper that its a engineered part built to a standard , welded by a certified welder, etc. I have the older version permanently mounted to both my rigs, its just my weekend machine I need it for

Saw this thread and just wanted to post up for those considering these brackets.

I've been running the origional version for a year and the ride and flex improvement is unbelievable. I have a RE4.5" and the shakle angle was vertical. After these brackets and using the standard bolt holes I came in at just over 45deg. My rig is a '99 DD WW and I communte around 50mi per day on the interstate at 60+mph on 31's with a powertrax no-slip in the back. Not once have I had any hint of control issues. Actually, the ride improvement has given me more stable handling on the road. I could go on and on about the off-road improvement but I think you get it.

These are truely bolt up and I have not welded them. (Note: The origional required sheet metal modification but it looks like these new ones don't. It did take me some work modifying the existing sheet metal to get them to fit. Just take your time and do it right.) I have a rustys gas tank sikd and a mopar (OEM) trailer hitch back there also. I went ahead and put in new nutstrip$$ for both sides.

After installing I broke even on lift believe it or not. With the change in shakle angle and the addition of the gas tank skid my net was zero.

Given the ride and flex improvement for the money I can't believe these are not more mainstream. I also can't believe I ran with that OEM sheet metal shakle box all these years when these are bomb proof.

Cheers,
Wall

Last edited:
totally agree. Just installed v2.0 last week and the change was unbelievable. Look much easier to install than the originals also.

IMG_5537.jpg

yea i got just over 1/2" from the brackets and about 1" from the extended shackles I installed at the same time

They'll be coming USPS not UPS

Yeah, I just found that out. My wife called me from the Post Office and said "Peter, what on earth did you order that's so darn heavy?" LOL

They sound beefy don't they?

Back