• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. Offroad Engineering frame stiffeners

What have you guys done to stiffen the bottom of the front unibody? Specifically those with weld on track bar frame mounts. I have a pretty severe tear right in front of my mount.

I will be ordering these very soon as an attempt to bandaid my tear, but I need to find a solution for the bottom of the rail as the tear goes all the way across to the inner frame rail

And Mike it works for me with Firefox at this time.

I will be ordering these very soon as an attempt to bandaid my tear, but I need to find a solution for the bottom of the rail as the tear goes all the way across to the inner frame rail

go out, right now if you have time, and drill a 1/8" hole in each end of that tear. this will help keep it from getting worse. as soon as you can, weld it up then take a flap wheel and smooth it out and stitch weld a 1/8" plate over the whole area.

go out, right now if you have time, and drill a 1/8" hole in each end of that tear. this will help keep it from getting worse. as soon as you can, weld it up then take a flap wheel and smooth it out and stitch weld a 1/8" plate over the whole area.

I parked it as soon as I noticed my frame flexing 1/2" in and out when turning.

That was sort of my plan but I'm concerned it might be too late. I took a few pictures and it appears the bottom has completely separated in a spot.

IMG_20120706_182927.jpg

IMG_20120706_182857.jpg

Has anyone removed the plate that is sandwiched between the frame and stock trackbar mount? Perhaps I may be better off removing that and then plating the whole bottom. As opposed to welding it up, flattening, then plating over the sandwiched plate?

Looking back it seems I sort of set myself up for failure welding to the sandwiched plate.

got my fronts in. they fit pretty well... had to massage them with a BFH to get them to contour to the unibody... having lots of C-clamps helps.

Back