• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. Offroad Engineering frame stiffeners

brian, i have installed 4 sets of your stiffeners & 1 set of ruffstuff's.
yours fit perfectly every time.
ruffstuff's didn't fit at all & required plazma cutting & bending to fit.

that said, his are made of 3/16" steel while yours are only 10 gauge.

how about offering a heavy duty set of yours in 3/16"?
that would be great!

brian, i have installed 4 sets of your stiffeners & 1 set of ruffstuff's.
yours fit perfectly every time.
ruffstuff's didn't fit at all & required plazma cutting & bending to fit.

that said, his are made of 3/16" steel while yours are only 10 gauge.

how about offering a heavy duty set of yours in 3/16"?
that would be great!

Properly fit 10 gauge is plenty for 99% of all xj owners. Going to 3/16 adds more cost not just in material but shipping is significantly more as well...

Properly fit 10 gauge is plenty for 99% of all xj owners. Going to 3/16 adds more cost not just in material but shipping is significantly more as well...

the only place I can see a benefit to 3/16" would be under the mid-section of the unibody. just for impact purposes.

the only place I can see a benefit to 3/16" would be under the mid-section of the unibody. just for impact purposes.

i used ruffstuff's ill fitting 3/16" on the red p.o.s. since it will be, ummm, slightly abused. :wow:
plus all the 3 & 4 link mounts are anchored there. lots of localized trauma.

I have been running the 10 gauge for years with link mounts hanging off them, I would be willing to bet I beat them harder than most. NO issues.

Properly attached 10 gauge = stronger the crappy fit 3/16 every time.

I keep the prices low year round, thought about raising prices so I could offer discounts but that just didn't seem right.

Back