• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great Deal on Bumpers?

xjackel

NAXJA Forum User
Where's the front bumper? I just see chunks of 2x4 tube bolted to the rear of wranglers.

The front bumpers the bottom right picture. It has a winch mount, two lights, and two d-rings. It looks just as capable, if not more so, than the $800 hanson, and it's 600 dollars cheaper.

Got the price:

$125 bumper with brackets
$25 drings
$50 winch mount
$40 Herculiner coating
----------------------------
$240 total

All they are is square tube bumpers, the winch mount is separate, its mounted on a wrangler. These look nothing like the hanson.

I realize that, but I need a bumper for the tow points, somewhere to mount lights, and a place to eventually put a winch, not win a beauty contest. Is there another bumper out there that can give me those three things for under $250?

what about frame tie in brackets?....or do they just mount using the existing stock bumper bracket holes? that's an important thing to know.

+1

I haven't actually bought anything from them but the couple times I have had dealings with them they were top notch. They will get my dollar and a quarter when I get the budget for it. Wait for them to get a sale going and buy then.

Parakeet

what about frame tie in brackets?....or do they just mount using the existing stock bumper bracket holes? that's an important thing to know.

I emailed the guy and asked. Is there one I should avoid?

Thanks KSXJ, those look like great bumpers for a great price, but I still can't justify putting 500+ in a bumper that has all the features I want. I looked at some pics of other work this guy has done, and it looks like he specializes in off road apps. He built some rock sliders that look just like the stage 3 ones on JCRoffroad, same size steel and everything, only for 165 bucks cheaper. I also think it would be nice to have someone close that knows what they are doing vs. something breaking/or defective and have to ship steel all over the country. Is there a reason I shouldn't go to him?

Here's a couple pics of the $200
sliders.
3nc3k53l05O55Rf5S59cv87e2eb2c2a8a1b7f.jpg

3n83m93p15Oe5Se5R79cv42f65d2d410e1fc1.jpg

I'll admit my ignorance b/c of my lack of experience, but is there a reason, besides looks, that I shouldn't do this? Thanks for all the help, I would be lost without NAXJA.

Also, in another one of his post he said that if someone can find a vendor online that can beat his prices, he would be glad to do it cheaper than them. He also welds things to customers specs, so I imagine if I printed out a picture of something I liked, he would build it for a lot cheaper. A guy that used to work for my dad has a passion for welding, and he would fabricate and weld things for people at little to no cost for labor. He got a job welding with some railroad company out west makin' the big $$$$, so I can't take advantage of that anymore. This looks similar, but with a higher profit margin.

You get what you pay for. I wouldn't buy anything from anyone that doesn't show pictures of their products on the vehicle your purchasing for. A wrangler bumper is nothing like a XJ bumper.

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for, and that's one of the main reasons I'm seriously considering this guy. When you buy a bumper off-line you have to pay for the steel, labor for the fabrication, employee benefits, possibly union dues; and in some cases, most cases, you have to pay the distributor the fees for stocking the product, paying employees to run the website and warehouse, not to mention the cost of shipping that kind of weight. And in the end everyone that had a hand in the the process is looking to make as much money as possible. I have a feeling that what i "paid for" is a lot more than the cost of a bumper.

JCRoffroad has the most reasonable prices I've seen, and I would love to have one of their bumpers, but it's not what I was looking to spend on a bumper. I just started building my jeep, and there is a lot to be done, so I'm slowly searching for the best I can get for the money I have. I would love to have one of your bumpers, and if you make me an offer I can't refuse I would be willing to spend a little more.

i am goin to get a winch bumber from this guy but i am waitin cus he is fabbing up a bigger and better bracket.

Have you dealt with him before? I would love to know how it works out and would like to see some pics. When do you think it will be done?

I can tell you this.....

JCR supports this chapter.

The other guy don't.

That alone is worth it, toss in the fact that JCR makes seriously heavy duty stuff that has been tested on several MWC rigs and that should make it a no brainer. Save up a little more and go JCR.

Rev

Back