• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got buried today.. PIC thread. Whats you worst snow stuck??

Those are some buried XJ's. I didnt air down because I didnt have air with me. Thinking about an OBA setup but it costs $$$$$..
Lets see some more?

IXNAYXJ: How did you guys get that xj out that was buried under the snow? Was the red one w/ 6.5 and 34's locked up?

BruceB83: I have cell service, and a CB. I could have walked to my house from there. I was only about 8 miles from my house. It's like living 15 minutes from TSF. Yeah I love Oregon.

wingnutooa: Pictures didn't work and where do ya'll go up at?

NIIIICE FLOP! That looks like fun.

Keep it going.. Who gets the medal?

blibra said:
Those are some buried XJ's. I didnt air down because I didnt have air with me. Thinking about an OBA setup but it costs $$$$$..

$60 Compressor at Costco. Works great! Totally affordable.

im gunna have to steal these because i was driving bolth..

p1040802yc2.jpg

On a rescue mission to recover aforementioned XJ:

Picture084.jpg

Not an XJ, but a buddy last year in the snow, ran off the trail at (at midnight) and ended up upside down in a creek, flooding his cab. They had to crawl out under water to get out. His passenger road home in my Jeep.

Recovery was pretty quick, two winches, done deal. Just had to clear the oil out of the cylinders and we were on our way. And thanks to the sprinkler pipe exo, there was no carnage - other than a wet, gear oil soaked (t case leaked) interior.
DSC03758.jpg

1996cc said:
Not an XJ, but a buddy last year in the snow, ran off the trail at (at midnight) and ended up upside down in a creek, flooding his cab. They had to crawl out under water to get out. His passenger road home in my Jeep.

Recovery was pretty quick, two winches, done deal. Just had to clear the oil out of the cylinders and we were on our way. And thanks to the sprinkler pipe exo, there was no carnage - other than a wet, gear oil soaked (t case leaked) interior.
DSC03758.jpg

I think we have found a winner. Im not going to bother posting. :worship:

-Alex

The passenger was asleep (well, I think he was passed out), he woke up when he couldn't breath, and the driver was dragging him out. But he was fine, nothing my hot XJ heater couldn't handle.

We got them both stripped down, in dry clothes, and heated rigs immediately. Once some other guys got the Toy running, the driver got back in it and drove it out.

I got to bed at sunrise :(.

I think the Yota gets it! :party:I am glad to hear that everyone was okay. I hate gear oil stench. I swear i stink like gear oil for two days after using it.
DSC03758.jpg

:thumbup:

Tie for Runner up.

Picture084.jpg

100_1122.jpg

Looks like fun. :cheers:

Keep posting them up if you have anymore. Gotta do something while your bored at work..:speepin:

Last edited:
blibra said:
Those are some buried XJ's. I didnt air down because I didnt have air with me. Thinking about an OBA setup but it costs $$$$$....

i'll post a write up of how i did my OBA. mega mega cheap

once its up i'll post a link to it and try and get some pics

Back