• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goodburbon's hydrogen experiment

Could it be that the sstem was not working bc of the malfunctioning IAC? Or do you have a theory for us?

This is probably red herring...

In the winter we have reformulated fuel that reacts better under cold temperatures. I typically lose ~50-75 km of mileage per 55 liter tank in winter. In the spring when it switches again I get the mileage back. The change varies from year to year but it is normally late March or early April that the change is made.

Do Colorado fuel suppliers do this?

This is probably red herring...

In the winter we have reformulated fuel that reacts better under cold temperatures. I typically lose ~50-75 km of mileage per 55 liter tank in winter. In the spring when it switches again I get the mileage back. The change varies from year to year but it is normally late March or early April that the change is made.

Do Colorado fuel suppliers do this?

I would assume they do, however a gain from ~30mpg to 41mpg is gigantic and this car has never seen those numbers before.

The IAC was never malfunctioning before, so I can't assume that it not working, then working again increased the mileage. The IAC wouldn't have any effect on highway mileage anyway malfunctioning or not.

Unfortunately the mystery may never be solved, as I impaled the car on a rock on the way home from work tonight.

I would assume they do, however a gain from ~30mpg to 41mpg is gigantic and this car has never seen those numbers before.

Has your wife or a friend been quietly snickering lately? Aprils fools was just last week. Maybe someone's been sneaking in an extra gallon of fuel or two.

How do you impale a car on a rock?

Back