• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good sway bar? AntiRockXJ

Apples and oranges there, bud. That's just a beefier swaybar that has a different type of disconnect system than conventional.
Its exactly the same set-up as the Currie or RockEquipments but with the extra benifit of going completely disconnected.
and that oen is not designed for an XJ either.
Neither is the Currie,it was designed for the TJ as well.As is RockEquipments they are universal but easily fit to the XJ.Ive already done one Tera unit.
Also see:http://www.tandjperformance.com/products-bpp-xrock.htm
and http://www.rockequipment.com/cat26.htm

Last edited:
I dont see why a XJ with leafs in the rear would benifit from a antirock? The reason a TJ uses them so often is simply put, much more flexible then the XJ due to 4 corner coils and soft rate.

A triangulated rear on a TJ with no sway bar at all is very un-nerving on any off camber and while drivign on the road your lucky to ever get the rig to go flat down the road. It tends to sway to the last known side till you turn to the opposite side. At least with a Soft adjustable system like the antirock, your able to obtain some stability, with vertually no articulation loss.

RCP Phx said:
Its exactly the same set-up as the Currie or RockEquipments but with the extra benifit of going completely disconnected.

Similar in construction, but very different in operating. The Currie torsion bar is softer and there's a compromise in streetability stabilization...whereas the Tera is STIFFER than a STOCK swaybar when it's connected, and non-stabilizing when completely disconnected. I've worked with both and have full experience with both. I'm not speculating. ;)

96XJCLASSIC said:

Sprint cars use two of these per axle and are used for spring force not sway control. One end slides into a spline with adjuster on the car and the other has the arm you have linked. Those arms just sit on the axles to rpovide the spring tension. Notice there is no holes to mount the links.

Curtis

cherokeekid said:
I've been running one for about 8months now and everyone that has ridden/drove my rig on the trail has added it to thier list. much more stable, no more flopping around, side hills are amazingly stable and no monkying around with re-connecting.

I use a bumper mount I made similiar to this one:

http://www.thor4x4.com/HTML/xjbumper_mounts.html

Which one exactly have you been running for 8 months?

cherokeekid said:
I've been running one for about 8months now and everyone that has ridden/drove my rig on the trail has added it to thier list. much more stable, no more flopping around, side hills are amazingly stable and no monkying around with re-connecting.

I use a bumper mount I made similiar to this one:

http://www.thor4x4.com/HTML/xjbumper_mounts.html

Do you have any pictures of it on your Cherokee? BTW that link does not work.

not meaning to be negative but just take the sway bar off and save ur self what ever that thing costs.. 300? i was reading a thread about amonth ago of a heated debate between many ppl who dont run the sway bar and love it and ppl who are ready to fight thinkking that there are ppl out there not running them.. i my self was thinking.. its got too have terrible body roll and i hate boddy roll... a week or 2 later i broke a link and was forced to drive 10 miles home with out it.. i could barely notice that it was gone.. i mean if i were doing a slalom course of course it'd be missed but driving my jeep like you should drive a lifted jeep or even more aggressive than that and i find no real problem not having it. so instead of replacing the link or buying curries set up i just upted for this.. plus u all kno the difference off road... just my 2 cents.. dont come burn my house down..

hope this helps..

Mike

SourApple said:
not meaning to be negative but just take the sway bar off and save ur self what ever that thing costs.. 300? i was reading a thread about amonth ago of a heated debate between many ppl who dont run the sway bar and love it and ppl who are ready to fight thinkking that there are ppl out there not running them.. i my self was thinking.. its got too have terrible body roll and i hate boddy roll... a week or 2 later i broke a link and was forced to drive 10 miles home with out it.. i could barely notice that it was gone.. i mean if i were doing a slalom course of course it'd be missed but driving my jeep like you should drive a lifted jeep or even more aggressive than that and i find no real problem not having it. so instead of replacing the link or buying curries set up i just upted for this.. plus u all kno the difference off road... just my 2 cents.. dont come burn my house down..

hope this helps..

Mike

While your at it, take your brakes off, and get rid of your seat belts - who needs safety equipment?

If I were to get this sway bar how would you attach it to the vehicle? Anyone have a write up or pictures of how you did it?

The T&J performance one comes with a mounting bracket and this one from
rockequipment.com does not. Its ~200 dollars cheaper.
digcam1%20013.jpg

T&J performance does have the mounting bracket
XRockKitLayout.jpg

Does anyone know who makes the first one pictured?

Currie makes the TJ "AntiRock" but the T&J website says theirs is from Barnett Performance Products??

Back