• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting the old Rig KOH ready

Thanks , but I do something more than spray can I might not want to smash
it into rocks.

I think that's why Dustin uses the school, gives them something to practice on that's not that critical. If there's a run toss a sticker on it. :) Some industrial single stage PPG would stand up to scratches better than Krylon. Of course it'd cost slighty more, I think it was 80 bucks for a gallon, but you could shoot a ton of buggies with that. I'd say get a quart which should last you quite some time.

New shocks are in
406807641_j7u7L-XL.jpg

So, how are you going to fit them on the front? Looks like it could be tight since the reservoirs are on the shock body.

Those are VERY cool looking. :)

From what Ben tells me, this thing is going to be awesome. He even complimented on how NAXJA couldn't have asked for a better team to be assembled. :shhh:

So, how are you going to fit them on the front? Looks like it could be tight since the reservoirs are on the shock body.

Those are VERY cool looking. :)
easy :doh:

step 1. remove resevoirs.
step 2. make or use hose from remote mount resevoir shock
step 3. shove it in any convenient place.

:dunno:

Good to know there are people in this group that are far more out of control than I am, though my wife would NEVER believe it. What nice bling you have there. Very nice Dave!

Good to know there are people in this group that are far more out of control than I am, though my wife would NEVER believe it. What nice bling you have there. Very nice Dave!

Sponsorship......sponsorship. :D

But, just like sticky tires, even with a sponsorship they're just less expensive, not free.

mmm... Shiny.... :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't bypass shocks just shocks? Every installation I've seen of bypass shocks had them as a secondary shock to the main one with coils/air. I wasn't aware they made air/bypass shocks, I thought all the air shocks were just a single cylinder.

mmm... Shiny.... :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't bypass shocks just shocks? Every installation I've seen of bypass shocks had them as a secondary shock to the main one with coils/air. I wasn't aware they made air/bypass shocks, I thought all the air shocks were just a single cylinder.

Yeah, duh. So explain, how do bypass shocks hold the jeep up, or is he going back to coil springs up front?

These aren't triple bypass shocks, they are triple bypass air shocks. Yes, previously there were no bypass air shocks, then Fox made some triple bypass air shocks for Shannon Campbell which he used to win KOH and then used to race in XRRA.

Now, King evidently sees a market for these with the ramp up of activity and exposure surrounding King of the Hammers, so they are making a triple bypass air shock with remote reservoirs. Dave and Team NAXJA were fortunate enough to be chosen to get the first ones, along with 2 other teams, in a sponsorship package.

Dave and Paul have become very knowledgeable concerning air shocks, and that knowledge and experience, along with the recognition of our Team NAXJA, got Dave the deal. So, both Fox and King are testing this new type of air shock, thanks to King of the Hammers and XRRA rock racing.

It's going to be fun to see how both of our rigs do, now that I will have new ORI Struts on each corner and Dave will have the new Kings.

Fun! :D

Yeah, duh. So explain, how do bypass shocks hold the jeep up, or is he going back to coil springs up front?
quote]

wow im glad i know how air bypass shocks work now, thanks for the explination :clap:

:D

Just trying to be helpful:dunno:

They work just like any other air shock with the addition of bypass valves... & a remote res... & a dividing piston...:confused:

Paul

Ok, cool, didn't know they had them out, which is why I asked. First set I've seen, so I guess they're super bling... :)

Ok, cool, didn't know they had them out, which is why I asked. First set I've seen, so I guess they're super bling... :)

Well actually you asked using my computer so it looked like I asked...

Not that it matters... Cant wait to see them work though.

KH

Back