• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

get ahold of tnt

xjnation said:
I just left it in the stock 231 rotation for best performance of the atlas shifters.
Yeah, the shifters are a little instrusive this way... but nothing I can't live with. They're not really in the way of anything, and they work well. So, I'll probably leave them. We'll see...

WetOkoles3.jpg

CRW_7204.jpg

xjnation said:
I also made a 1" spacer to fit between the tranny mount and TNT cross member skid. that way I dont need any under body mods and will only cost me about an additional 3/8" ground clearance at the lowest point of the TC, still about 3/4" overall better clearance than stock
Sounds good. Post some pics when you can. Here are a few of mine:

CRW_7202.jpg

CRW_7203.jpg

xjnation said:
That was a nice axle. I love being able to find deals like that and help folks out/. It was in great shape. I have had my best luck finding the D44's under 2x MJ's
I hope so! So far, we've done nothing but remove the cover to discover that it has 3.07 gears and look at the brakes. I hate pretending to be patient.

raneil said:
Yeah, the shifters are a little instrusive this way... but nothing I can't live with. They're not really in the way of anything, and they work well. So, I'll probably leave them. We'll see...

WetOkoles3.jpg

CRW_7204.jpg

Sounds good. Post some pics when you can. Here are a few of mine:

CRW_7202.jpg

CRW_7203.jpg

I hope so! So far, we've done nothing but remove the cover to discover that it has 3.07 gears and look at the brakes. I hate pretending to be patient.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

You know, you could have those shifters bent differently to get out of your way. A little constructive time with a torch and a vise and they could be how you want them. I'm sure the guys at Diamond can help you with this...

Looks sweet and I think the handles look great where they are.

Matt

scorpion said:
Now that's what I'm talking about!!

You know, you could have those shifters bent differently to get out of your way. A little constructive time with a torch and a vise and they could be how you want them. I'm sure the guys at Diamond can help you with this...

Looks sweet and I think the handles look great where they are.
Matt

It's pretty tricky trying to get them situated so they don't interfere with one another, the dash, and the tranny shifter all at the same time... The whole boot/console thing needs to be finished up, but I think I'm gonna leave the shifters where they are. In 2wd Hi, the rear one makes for a nice hand rest -- like the old manual tranny shifter in my CJ... very comfy! :laugh3:

Back