• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gen McChrystal

40,000 more troops means more of us to kill more of them. We continue to push into the tribal regions, taking out high-value targets....keep tightening the noose around them....

40,000 more troops means more of us to kill more of them. We continue to push into the tribal regions, taking out high-value targets....keep tightening the noose around them....

We need to sucker them back out again. Maybe pull back from the border region, let em fill the void and then drop an airborn division behind em.

When I've posed this question before, I've heard answers such as "we're there to stabilize the region" or to "erradicate the Taliban".....how do we measure this?

Is it possible to eradicate an ideological and religious movement? Can you stabilize an area like that without occupying the area for decades?

It seems that it would be very counter-intuitive. I would think the best best would be to minimize ground troops but increase intelligence. Increase operatives, drones, etc.

Then again, I'm no military leader.

Back