• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas choices, who uses what

gas brand

• chevron

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • shell

Votes: 16 13.4%

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • arco

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • costco

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • other

Votes: 58 48.7%

• Total voters
Usually Chevron because it's close to my house, but whenever I go by a discount place like Costco or Space Age I usually fill up. 87 octane most the time...89 if I'm loaded down because it starts pinging...

i have a chevron card and a 76 card, and since i use my XJ for business (tax writeoffs) the cards help keep trac of expenditures. chevron for personal trips and 76 fro business. the quality of gas SEEMS better (i use 87 octane) at these places vs shell arco etc...
the arco sells gas at usually 20 cents per gal cheaper and at 2.40 a gallon (now its dropped to 2.00 in places) it makes a difference...but when i put the arco in the jeep it runs shitty...i cant figure out why??? my friend says it has to do with ethanol and sometimes water..???

I run Arco and my Jeep does fine with it...just 87 octane. And down here they actually match the price on base, for now, at $1.87

Usually Sheetz 87 octane. I've run a couple of tanks of 89 as I had a pinging problem. Did not ping with 89, but I've switched back to 87 and it seems ok. I wonder if the bottle of Sea Foam in the tank did some good?

What kind of gas does Sunoco use? there is a station down the street from me that is ALWAYS 5 cents cheaper than any other station, even other sunoco stations....and the jeep uses 87 and the camaro uses 93.

I run the cheapest I can find in my 4.7L stroker and have no ping problems. If I am going to be doing some seriously high altitude trails, ie. 11,000 feet +, I may run a tank of premium.

Chevron and i use 87 octane.

Chevron or BP 87 octane, it doesn't run any better with higher octane. I used to run whatever was the cheapest till I got into a long discussion which my dad's mechanic about the cheap additives QT and some of the other cheap gas places use.

Most of the time it's Wawa gas, 7-11 type place on the East Coast. 87 for all my cars. Shell, Turkey Hill, Exxon, Hess...doesn't really matter as long as it's a big name place. Juice

Been using 87 for 10+ years in my 90. No real problem(knock sensor). My 92 does not get as good milage and pings going up the hill to the house so switched to 89. Much better. If I did not run up the hill every day and was on the flats, I expect I would never have switched.

I've got the JET chip so I run the cheapest premium I can find. Usually either Sam's Choice or the local supermarket. Although a local Marathon has premium and mid-grade the same price every Wed and Sun.

Chevron...87 octane in the '91 MJ and 93 octane in the XJ.

Sheetz 93 octane. Very clean gas/stations. Sheetz uses fuel from Sunoco or Conoco-Phillips whichever is closer or sells cheaper for that week. Use a name brand gas station with high volume and you are good to go.

Back