• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ga$ Price$

theslacker said:
$112.9 cents a litre = $4.29 a gallon. You've got to love it

Almost worth coming to Bellingham for some fuel and shopping eh?

$3.17 here.

It'll be $4.50 by next summer and be $5.00 within two years. Good thing we don't drive hummers.

The presidents limo must get good gas milage, he just gave the oil companies a HUGE tax cut after they had record breaking profits this year.

hackedxj said:
The presidents limo must get good gas milage, he just gave the oil companies a HUGE tax cut after they had record breaking profits this year.
:gonnablow :mad: DON'T GET ME STARTED ON G.W.B.!! :mad: :gonnablow

$2.55/gal here. just moved my girlfriend 200 miles to school and drove 200 miles back. cost me $90 to go round trip. this is fawkin horse poop. you engineers need to step up and come up with a way to run vehicles on urine or somethin. that way a case of beer will fuel my vehicle for a week. and as an added bonus, it gives you a reason as to why youre drinkin and driving when you get stopped. :)

No wonder I'm not renewing my membership here. Spew your BS elsewhere, this is a freakin Jeep forum, not a bully pulpit for anti-Bush morons that can't see that the economy is STILL growing, despite the rise in fuel costs.

XJbone said:
:gonnablow :mad: DON'T GET ME STARTED ON G.W.B.!! :mad: :gonnablow

OK- I accept your criticism, howver the forum title is
"Non-Tech / Off Topic"

...and my disapproval for Bush has nothing to do with the economy! :us:

bbaker80 said:
No wonder I'm not renewing my membership here. Spew your BS elsewhere, this is a freakin Jeep forum, not a bully pulpit for anti-Bush morons that can't see that the economy is STILL growing, despite the rise in fuel costs.
Economies grow no matter who is in power, or how corrupt, evil, vile or useless he or she is. Using that logic is like saying "look, this stick keeps tigers away; you don't see any tigers around here, do you?" History will correctly remember Bush as the person many choose not to notice right now... Hindsight is 20-20...

Depends on the gas station. I cant believe some people were willing to pay $2.59 when there was a station 2 blocks away for $2.39 a gallon. :dunno:

Beej said:
Economies grow no matter who is in power, or how corrupt, evil, vile or useless he or she is. Using that logic is like saying "look, this stick keeps tigers away; you don't see any tigers around here, do you?" History will correctly remember Bush as the person many choose not to notice right now... Hindsight is 20-20...

hackedxj said:

Aparently we can overlook the fact that the President dosen't have much to do with the economy when a liberal talks about things, but I get to fend off tigers with sticks.....makes sense to me. You ever consider that the war in Iraq is keeping terrorists away? Perhaps you would prefer to fight terrorism here instead of there. If you want to discuss politics, email me. I'm done with this discussion in a car forum.

Mmm...back to the topic anyway,

I have been seeing regular $2.65 around north county as far as the cheapest gas is concerned. Of course, theres always Mexican gas at around $2, the price is fixed and has gone up around $.10/gal the past year. But its not very good quality & the pumps sometimes lie

Remember, the oil companies aim to fix prices based on the income levels of community (as reported by the census). So get gas while youre on the other side of the tracks (or at least to O-side, San Marcos or Esco in my case) and where theres competition, at least 1 station in a block, not in high imcome or tourist areas. The price difference is often at least a quarter per gallon.

Also if you want to tell the worlds big 5 oil companies what you think, avoid corporate stations like the plague. Go to small time, local, non franchise stations (examples in my area are Dans Gas, Golden State, Encinitas Gas etc.) if there are any in youre area. I've found there cheaper anyway for the exact same product. "Rural" gas is cheaper in some areas where it is not required to be "reformulated gasoline" buy gas in rural counties if you live in a borderline area.

bbaker80 said:
Aparently we can overlook the fact that the President dosen't have much to do with the economy when a liberal talks about things, but I get to fend off tigers with sticks.....makes sense to me.

You're missing the point.

Holding the President responsible for the current oil prices is ridiculous. If the man actually held personal sway over the speculation in the oil market, sure, it might make sense. Hint: he doesn't. By your argument, Jimmy Carter (famous, if ineffectual, liberal) should be held accountable for the same problem in the late '70s.

We're in this situation for reasons that go way beyond GOP vs. Democrat. Please pull your thumb out and get a grasp on the fact that politics aside, we're all equally-screwed. Kthxu, lolz.

You ever consider that the war in Iraq is keeping terrorists away? Perhaps you would prefer to fight terrorism here instead of there. If you want to discuss politics, email me. I'm done with this discussion in a car forum.

If you'd care to talk about terrorism, I'd be more than happy to. As a passport-carrying Irish Protestant, I think I can probably disabuse you of of a few notions you may be carrying.

Getting back on track, gas prices dropped a whole penny to $2.83 today. Hooray for small favours.

bbaker80 said:
You ever consider that the war in Iraq is keeping terrorists away?

And it's working so well for the British.

casm said:
If you'd care to talk about terrorism, I'd be more than happy to. As a passport-carrying Irish Protestant, I think I can probably disabuse you of of a few notions you may be carrying.

Something tells me that this could be an interesting conversation - but something best held for future discussion in person... Tell me, what do you think it would take to stop the fighting over there, short of the total elimination of one side?

I find it intersting, tho, that the whole IRA/Provo issue has remained pretty much entirely upon the British Isles (save for fundraising in Boston,) while the whole "Islamic Jihad" thing has gotten all over - any comments? I figure you'd have a more, er, "unique" view of the matter than I would - I just got paid to go hunt those people down and take the fight to them. I'd hate to tell you how much time I've spent in the Bekaa Valley and the Rub al Khali ("The Empty Quarter.") There are also various adventures in Northern Africa to keep in mind - but I'm here to tell about those simply because of many lessons learned by and from 22SAS and 14 Company - and those guys work domestically (14 Company's entire TAOR is the "Home Counties" - they hardly leave Northern Ireland until they are reassed on an individual basis...)

Meanwhile, I really don't want to get involved in Britian's problem with domestic terrorism - I've had my fill in Asia Minor. Just wondering what you think about it all...

5-90

Back