• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel sending unit

Sweethearts forever. Actually, Kastein can take care of himself and you are welcome to pick on him any time you wish.

The one you don't want to get involved is old_man, another EE. I was picking at kastein once about vacuum tubes and Tom leaped in save the day, explaining how incredibly incompetent I was to debate the properties of vacuum tubes with an electrical engineer. I reacted poorly of which I am ashamed to this day.

For drama I have to rely on others and I'll stick with my napalm quote from the superb turn by Robert Duval.

Finally, no one asked me to get involved in this and I'm outta here.

Pop corn, peanuts!!!!! LOL :roflmao:

If one wants to just replace all the typical items related to fuel delivery (pressure regulator, sending unit, fuel pump, etc) can this single item cover them all?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-p75040m/overview/make/jeep/model/cherokee/year/1998

If I attempt this job, I would want to just replace everything I can reach at once.

yes. That is the complete sending unit/pump assembly.

Was it so hard to answer the newbies question? This is OEM tech, if you have a problem answering obvious questions then don't come in here, this is newbie land.

As to the original post. Yes, like ken said the fuel gauge sending unit is 0-90 ohms, it's backwards from everything else chrysler, but, there is a universal sending unit sold @ summit that is the correct range and orientation.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rci-7060b/overview/

It's that one, and it's the same one that's in my RCI fuel cell that makes the gauge in my 87 work just fine.

That sending unit works with the factory gauge and wiring, I guarantee it. Find a way to secure it in the tank to the original sending unit frame or take it apart and use it's guts in your original piece. All you're left with now is the physical part, that unit will be electrically compatible with the gauge.

Summit also sells a 0-90 universal, and it's oriented in a way that would probably make it easier to graft into the stock frame:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-290260/overview/

It's still 0-90, so it should work, but I don't have any personal experience like I do with the RCI one.

Last edited:
"God, I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

Kastein, I'm assuming that you perceived the irony in my post. Thought I would try to sort of get the dust bunnies out of the closet.
I missed it completely. Someone must have peed in my cheerios.

Sweethearts forever. Actually, Kastein can take care of himself and you are welcome to pick on him any time you wish.

The one you don't want to get involved is old_man, another EE. I was picking at kastein once about vacuum tubes and Tom leaped in save the day, explaining how incredibly incompetent I was to debate the properties of vacuum tubes with an electrical engineer. I reacted poorly of which I am ashamed to this day.

For drama I have to rely on others and I'll stick with my napalm quote from the superb turn by Robert Duval.

Finally, no one asked me to get involved in this and I'm outta here.
I honestly don't remember this. Had to search for it to find it. I see no poor reactions on anyone's part, actually... and the poor guy who got his thread derailed by a bunch of nerds managed to solve his problem with (sorta) some hints and ideas from all involved.

Back