• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 1990 Honda NT650 Hawk GT - RC-31 V-twin!

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, so the ONLY reason I am doing this is because my buddy is selling me his SV650 for an incredible deal. It's the original bike I was looking for when I happened upon the Hawk. I know in my heart that I am going to regret this, but I will definitely buy another Hawk in the future once I have some more money.

The "bad": Pegs are aftermarket and scraped up and the bottom of the exhaust pipe is scratched as well, both due to the track. Headlight indicator bulb is out on the gauge cluster. Minor scratches, don't think there are any dents.

Mods: Gold Valve emulators, progressive springs, GSXR brake caliper, EBC floating disk, M4 full exhaust, jet kit, Fox shock, Corbin Gunfighter & Lady seat, stock seat, frame sliders, roller bearings in steering head, Hella Supertone Horn (LOUD!), bar end mirrors (Right side needs a new bushing), Eastern Beaver upgraded headlight wiring harness, Dominator Dual Headlights w/ 85/80W Osram Hyper H4 bulbs, LED rear turn signals (VERY BRIGHT!), stock rear fender removed, license plate location recessed into plastic, tank bra, The only thing I may do is put the headlights back to the stock 7" round, which I still have. I am sure there's more parts, that I can't remember at this moment. The bike has a single sided rear swingarm and has reached cult status. Every time I ride this bike, someone is asking me about it or commenting on how nice it is.

Extra's not on the bike: Centerstand, stock rotor, stock front pegs, stock rear fender pieces, stock rear turn signal pieces, etc.

Make: Honda
Model: Hawk NT650 GT
Engine: 647cc v-twin - water cooled
Miles: 30,600 (I've put nearly 6k on since March of this year with no issues)
Last Oil Change: I have exact miles at home, but it was in June/July
Front tire: Pirelli Diablo - Exact size & miles at home, still has good tread.
Rear tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso - Exact size & miles at home, but it was purchased in June

Bike rides and runs great. It's been to two track days, never crashed. I love it and hate to do this, but it's what I want to do at this moment. Any questions, let me know.

633694964_9FhTY-XL.jpg

609867111_DYmkL-XL.jpg

575772100_RamQL-XL.jpg

575771800_SSw8L-XL.jpg

I will take some photos this weekend of the bike. I may throw in a nice, 100% waterproof & vented bike cover as well.

Asking $3300 obo - located in West Chester / Exton, PA approx 45 mins West of Philly.

Bumpage :)

More info:

Notes: These are very small in size motorcycles. Great looking, great in the curves, and fun+. Not recommended for those 6' and over. (Though I am 6’4” and it’s perfect, no complaints!)

The Hawk GT was a machine American Honda were very confident would be a big seller. As fate would have it, it did not become popular until its production run had ended. In 1992 there were still bikes left over from 1989, 90 & 91. Since that time, the Hawk has achieved an almost cult-like status, with machines being modified for racing and being used to rack up very high mileage on the street. In Europe, the 'Revere' (a close relative to the Hawk) is still a big seller. Second hand values have remained high, although the introduction of Suzuki’s SV650 has diminished the appeal of Hawks somewhat. The Hawk was powered by a V-Twin engine derived from the early 80's VT500 Ascot. By all accounts, the engine was a joy. Handling was good, and suspension adequate. The single sided swing arm added an air of sophistication. More than anything, the Hawk was a great day to day motorcycle, as capable of visiting the shops as carving curves in the canyons.

The Hawk in standard trim made 58bhp@8,500rpm, with torque of 43ft/lb's@6,000rpm. Wet weight was 412lb's.
These little V-Twin sportbikes have become more popular since Honda stopped importing them to the USA. They are more fun on a twisty road than just about any motorcycle I've ever ridden, and one of my greatest regrets in not buying one.

Back