• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FRS radios

They came with camo and safety orange faceplates. My boys are 6 and 8. They don't need to lug camo colored walkie talkies out to the back yard.

So there. :D

The 355 is GMRS repeater capable, which is really the only difference. It's not worth an extra 20, but it was for the boys and they wanted the ones with the fancy colors.

Last edited:
shit mine don't do gmrs, they are old as ****

mac 'mine own thread might cause me to spend money' gyvr

I have one older set and then one of the new "25 mile " set....

Ram" 25 miles my ass"Rod

When we went to moab in 2003, we were able to get the FRS to work on I70 from the Moab exit to 10 miles out.

tell you how old some of my radios are

mac 'all flat line of site almost' gyvr

I have a pair floating around somewhere. I'll dig them out and make sure they are charged.

I found 4 in a drawer of old stuff I will test them tonight Idk How good they are I have never used them .

I have 2 uniden gmr1035-2 that claim 10 mile

And 2 Motorola t5030r that claim 16 mile .

If these are crappy ones I might put them on E-bay and buy the newer longer rated ones Like Dan got. I hate messing with crappy gear.

Seems like they all 4 work pretty good the range on the Motorola ones was marginally farther. It would be cool to have more range but I think these will do for now.

They will be great around the camp area but I have doubts as to their range out on the trails between groups.

Back