• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front leaf spring x-member pics

davidt said:
One step at a time guys, unlike most people, I don't have an unlimited amount of resources at my disposal. I am going to get the leaf springs on and put the d30 under there to work the bugs out and then get my d44...

As for you goat man, opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and it usually stinks...

Didn't you just pick up a complete 60? :confused: Maybe it was a rear?
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
Didn't you just pick up a complete 60? :confused: Maybe it was a rear?
Billy
I went to go get it and it was totally thrashed, NOT what it was advertised to be. It is a gamble you take sometimes. Hopefully I will find a d44 on the cheap, but I am just kind of gathering parts for now...

Goatman said:
I guess if all you do is run Fordyce and Rubicon. :D

If you're not hitting your front yoke you're not trying hard enough. I have a HP44 with the knuckles turned, and I hit the yoke all the time. ...

Listen guys, everything will work to one degree or another, but certain things work really well and are worth the extra effort and expense. On a board like this where people come to learn and gather information about building their own rigs, it's inevitable that comments are made about what's good, better, and best. So, if you've chosen the lesser route, suck it up and just admit it, and try to keep your sense of humor. No one will criticize anyone for doing what they can afford, but don't try to justify it by saying it doesn't matter or it's just as good.

:cheers:

well said Richard. You are correct, Fordyce is the hardest trail I have run with my MJ, and it will likely stay that way because that's what I built if for, not the Hammers (*cough* big red *cough*). I have NEVER said my leafs and low pinion is "best", but it is "better" (than D30/35 w/ shortarms and 3.55s). Leafs with a D30 would not even qualify for "good". The biggest reasons I went down the D44 path was bolt pattern, hubs and brakes, you (davidt) gain none of that with a YJ D30.

simonsxj said:
Also to go completly off subject Glocks SUCKS for accurate shooting (works well in water and dirt) Sig Sauer is the way to go for accurate shooting, just ask any air marshall. Just thought I would throught that one in for Crash.

I admit that Glocks suck for accurate shooting. I can't hit for shit at 100yds with mine. Why ask a Sky Marshal anyway? I doubt most of them have the training I do. ;)

ECKSJAY said:
I admit that Glocks suck for accurate shooting. I can't hit for shit at 100yds with mine. Why ask a Sky Marshal anyway? I doubt most of them have the training I do. ;)

i like the hammer on my glock

SO SORRY! I was only picking on Crash. To clear this up, an Air Marshall is not allowed to use a Glock as they are considered inaccurate, my friend who is one is rated 13 kills out of 15 shots. Anyhow close combat is as you say Crash, "close". When in action my pistol stayed in it's holster, MP5 or SA-80 was alot better for what I needed any long distance was handled by SA-80 long barrel, my favorite HK-91 or .50 cal. We also had other rifles but non good enough to mention.

Anyhow I would like put a vote in for the leaf springs as I have tried both and prefer less moving parts and simplicity. Any wrap can be controlled by a properly built traction arm. Also my next MJ is getting 4 door waggy axles, d44 front and rear and leafs up front. Simple, strong and all parts can be found in a junk yard. Try finding a lengthened or modified CA in the junk yard. I like if I break anyhting to be able to get in on the road fast and cheap.

Just my 2 cents.

Simon

simonsxj said:
SO SORRY! I was only picking on Crash. To clear this up, an Air Marshall is not allowed to use a Glock as they are considered inaccurate, my friend who is one is rated 13 kills out of 15 shots.
BS and BS. What were those other two shots, freebies? What good is someone who can't hit 2 of 15?

Anyhow close combat is as you say Crash, "close". When in action my pistol stayed in it's holster, MP5 or SA-80 was alot better for what I needed any long distance was handled by SA-80 long barrel, my favorite HK-91 or .50 cal. We also had other rifles but non good enough to mention.
I prefer the SR-25 for medium range sniping...and the AK when I'm not playing SEAL. I REALLY like the bigger maps in SOCOM 2, don't you?

What are you talking about? If you line up 15 people maybe. Have you ever tried picking off people in a loaded aircraft in different places??? I am not talking about playing socom or playing tuff guy with a sizable squad at your command. An Sr-25 against a HK-91 which one would you really take, have you shot either rifle in anger??? The AK is a very reliable and powerful weapon but it's accuracy is questionable. The other two were enough to kill him in simulations, it is just a rating, in other words if 15 terrorists were on an aircraft he would not survive. By the way I have operated in anger. Lt. Col. Simon Easly

simonsxj said:
An Sr-25 against a HK-91 which one would you really take, have you shot either rifle in anger???
Neither. I would choose the FAL or a G3, not a civilian rifle like your supposed '91'. Firing in anger? I really don't see where that's any of your business. If I have I sure wouldn't want to discuss it with you.

The other two were enough to kill him in simulations, it is just a rating, in other words if 15 terrorists were on an aircraft he would not survive.
What are you bragging about? That your 'friend' the Jedi Sky Marshal can't hold his own? I'd be proud, too. Why not just spout a SF tall tale about someone with some real skills?

By the way I have operated in anger. Lt. Col. Simon Easly

Next you'll tell me you were special forces. Careful, there are ways for me to check, 'Simon'. If have operated in 'anger', as you say, you sure wouldn't be talking about it. Anger is a sign of mental weakness anyway, so there's no reason for anyone to brag about it.

Are we OT enough yet? lol

simonsxj said:
Check away! I am not telling you anything but my opinion. Not many people on this board know military nominclature so I refrane from using it. I will refrane from further descussion.

Me fail English? That's unpossible! Some officer, can't even spell simple words. Go away, Sony Soldier.

simonsxj said:
SO SORRY! I was only picking on Crash. To clear this up, an Air Marshall is not allowed to use a Glock as they are considered inaccurate, my friend who is one is rated 13 kills out of 15 shots. Anyhow close combat is as you say Crash, "close". When in action my pistol stayed in it's holster, MP5 or SA-80 was alot better for what I needed any long distance was handled by SA-80 long barrel, my favorite HK-91 or .50 cal. We also had other rifles but non good enough to mention.

Anyhow I would like put a vote in for the leaf springs as I have tried both and prefer less moving parts and simplicity. Any wrap can be controlled by a properly built traction arm. Also my next MJ is getting 4 door waggy axles, d44 front and rear and leafs up front. Simple, strong and all parts can be found in a junk yard. Try finding a lengthened or modified CA in the junk yard. I like if I break anyhting to be able to get in on the road fast and cheap.

Just my 2 cents.

Simon

OK, before this escalates into a shooting war, let me say two things.

The idea that Glocks are not accurate enough for combat duty or otherwise is simply poppyXXXX. Major military and police organizations, including some very elite units (Mosad, etc) use them to excellent results on a daily basis. It all comes down to the handler in a stressful situation, which IDP shoots attempt to simulate, albeit I'm sure they fall far short of an actual combat experience.

Let me make this clear, I am not military or LEO, just a guy who has fired what I consider to be a HELL of a lot of rounds through a couple of Glocks (one 40, one 9). I can, and have, kept up with $3,000 Kimber and Colt custom shop guns, Sigs, HK's, and all the rest. My Glock 23 .40 cal that I shot in Stock class cost me $350 dollars, and is a secondhand FBI supervisor's gun. Gawd knows the number of rounds it shot prior to my ownership.

OK, back to the topic at hand.

Simon, how can you say that you can fix your leaf sprung converted rig with junkyard parts? Can you buy a new crossmember at the junkyard? How about high steer arms? How about a drag link and tie rod? It's not possible, once you go custom you are committed to it, there is no sort-of custom. It's like being sort of pregnant.

There is no factory 44 option that is bolt on and worth a damn.

CRASH

CRASH said:
There is no factory 44 option that is bolt on and worth a damn.

CRASH

But what about the Rubi front axle?
I read on the internet somewhere that they're a direct bolt it and are stronger than a HPD30. :firedevil

Jes said:
But what about the Rubi front axle?
I read on the internet somewhere that they're a direct bolt it and are stronger than a HPD30. :firedevil

He said 'worth a damn' though. I'm willing to bet he's referring to everything but the actual D44 diff on that axle. ;)

ECKSJAY said:
He said 'worth a damn' though. I'm willing to bet he's referring to everything but the actual D44 diff on that axle. ;)

Actually, the center section isn't worth a damn either.

ECKSJAY said:

I believe that was sarcasm
happysad.gif

Billy

Back