• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front 4 link...

monkeyevil

NAXJA Forum User
I know there isn't much available for a true 4-link long arm in an XJ. I'm in the process of building my wife a new DD XJ and decided to long arm the front. Mostly for ride quality.

Because the only trails her Jeep sees are Michigan two tracks, the major downsides of a radius arm setup don't really matter. So I was first thinking of being lazy and going that route. More and more I've been thinking about a true 4 link, and wondered if there was any interest out the for a kit.

I don't imagine that JcrOffroad will ever sell a full lift kit, we really don't like selling things we don't build in house (springs, shocks, blah blah.) I'm thinking the long arm kit would include link brackets (weld-on, MAYBE bolt-on), joints, arms, and a track bar with bracket.

You would be on your own for springs, shocks, brake lines, etc... I know I like being able to piece together my own parts, unsure if that is shared.

Still just in infant stages, and I'm rambling. I looked tonight I and I know I can fit all the components, but I still need to run the numbers and see how the geometry works out.

I know there isn't much available for a true 4-link long arm in an XJ. I'm in the process of building my wife a new DD XJ and decided to long arm the front. Mostly for ride quality.

Because the only trails her Jeep sees are Michigan two tracks, the major downsides of a radius arm setup don't really matter. So I was first thinking of being lazy and going that route. More and more I've been thinking about a true 4 link, and wondered if there was any interest out the for a kit.

I don't imagine that JcrOffroad will ever sell a full lift kit, we really don't like selling things we don't build in house (springs, shocks, blah blah.) I'm thinking the long arm kit would include link brackets (weld-on, MAYBE bolt-on), joints, arms, and a track bar with bracket.

You would be on your own for springs, shocks, brake lines, etc... I know I like being able to piece together my own parts, unsure if that is shared.

Still just in infant stages, and I'm rambling. I looked tonight I and I know I can fit all the components, but I still need to run the numbers and see how the geometry works out.

cool keep us updated with pics!

i just want a 4 link that costs less than RK and is for a manual unlike BDS

Lower mounts should be worked into a replacement crossmember with a build it skid.

if you can beat rock krawler's pure beefcake arms and joints and make it cheaper, and have a modular belly skid like BDS/full traction (NOT one piece like TNT) i'll buy it for my next XJ for sure.

oh yea, BUMP.

:D

Back